Forum Discussion

Carnival
New Contributor II
3 years ago
Solved

Cox remote pairing Vizio soundbar

Have a Vizio sound bar and Samsung TV.  Cox remote pairing results in Cox remote controlling everything including soundbar, but not power on/off.  If I don't pair audio device (soundbar), power on/off works on Cox remote. 

• THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! The manual entry method worked, using Vizio Code 32454. Our remote is now functioning properly—controls our 6-year old sound bar and power on/off. What amazes us is that the Cox technician who swapped out Contour boxes was not aware of how to manually set up the remote! He said nothing could be done because of the auto set up. He said we needed a new sound bar so it would be technologically comparable to Contour box. We purchased a new sound bar, which is being returned since it could not be automatically set up either.

I have had the following information since purchasing the sound bar in 2016. It shows which codes were previously used by Cox technicians:

To program a universal remote to control a VIZIO Sound Bar, try the following codes:

1517 – Used by Cox tech for initial set up in 2016

32454 - Used by Cox tech after new Contour box installed in 2020

Thank you, again, for your help.  I now have a happy nusband again.

6 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

I could only find 2 codes for Vizio audio:  32454 & 31937.

Carnival
      New Contributor II

I have all the Vizio sound bar codes, but the Cox remote pairing is automatic and cannot locate the Vizio codes during it's search and there is no way for me to enter codes manually

Bruce
        Honored Contributor III

I duplicated the constant searching for Vizio.

Manually:  Without navigating Contour, just hold the Setup button on the bottom of the remote until LED is green, enter a code.and press Volume to test.  There won't be any feedback from Contour, which makes manual-entry quicker.

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

...and to help our fellow Vizio consumers, could you post all your other codes?

Carnival
      New Contributor II

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! The manual entry method worked, using Vizio Code 32454. Our remote is now functioning properly—controls our 6-year old sound bar and power on/off. What amazes us is that the Cox technician who swapped out Contour boxes was not aware of how to manually set up the remote! He said nothing could be done because of the auto set up. He said we needed a new sound bar so it would be technologically comparable to Contour box. We purchased a new sound bar, which is being returned since it could not be automatically set up either.

I have had the following information since purchasing the sound bar in 2016. It shows which codes were previously used by Cox technicians:

To program a universal remote to control a VIZIO Sound Bar, try the following codes:

1517 – Used by Cox tech for initial set up in 2016

32454 - Used by Cox tech after new Contour box installed in 2020

Thank you, again, for your help.  I now have a happy nusband again.

Bruce
        Honored Contributor III

I've noticed techs...no matter the career field...are skilled at troubleshooting signals but when it comes to user interfaces...not so much.