Forum Discussion

MaxOC
New Contributor III
3 years ago
Solved

Cox Contour continues to display NFL scores before the game ends while watching the recording on DVR

I posted on this subject a few months ago and the problem is still there. I set the DVR recording to start 2 minutes before the game starts and end one hour after the game ends. I then start watching one hour after the game's actual start time so I can fast forward through the commercials. Been doing this for several years and had no issues. Lately when I am watching the recording and when the actual game ends (real time) a pop up appears on the tv showing the final score. This ** because I am not even close to finishing the recording and have no idea about the outcome. This is really bad. I have gone into the notification settings on Contour and turned them all off. I do not know where this score notification is coming from? How do I get rid of this???? I doubt it has anything to do with the LG tv's settings and I have checked them also. Someone from Cox has to know how to fix this.

Thanks.

• Problem solved. It had nothing to do with Cox or Contour. It was a setting on the LG smart tv. As I was watching the recording of my new game the alert popped up that the game has started. I pressed the "C" button on the Contour remote and confirmed in the settings that there were no notifications selected for my game so where was this coming from? I found a "Sports App" on the LG tv and apparently I had added my team as a favorite in this app and by default it was setup to show popup alerts on when the game starts, ends and the final score. Similar to the Contour Sports app. So that's why I was seeing the end score while watching the DVR recording. I disabled the popups and removed my team from the favorites. Sorry for pointing the finger at Cox but the suggestions made on this page put me on the right track to resolve this.

Thanks.

5 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    MaxOC
    New Contributor III

Problem solved. It had nothing to do with Cox or Contour. It was a setting on the LG smart tv. As I was watching the recording of my new game the alert popped up that the game has started. I pressed the "C" button on the Contour remote and confirmed in the settings that there were no notifications selected for my game so where was this coming from? I found a "Sports App" on the LG tv and apparently I had added my team as a favorite in this app and by default it was setup to show popup alerts on when the game starts, ends and the final score. Similar to the Contour Sports app. So that's why I was seeing the end score while watching the DVR recording. I disabled the popups and removed my team from the favorites. Sorry for pointing the finger at Cox but the suggestions made on this page put me on the right track to resolve this.

Thanks.

MaxOC
      New Contributor III

I found the setting that you mentioned. I turned off notifications for my team. I will find out if it worked or if i did it right next Sunday. Hope that does the trick.

Thanks,

Bruce
        Honored Contributor III

Is there a game tonight?  Set 1 of the teams as a fav, record and test tomorrow.