Forum Discussion

VentiMike
New Contributor
3 years ago

Discovery Plus Followup

I posted on here months ago about adding the Discovery Plus app like you have done with Peacock.  Well I now see that the app is indeed available, but unlike with Peacock which we are able to use for free, it looks like we still have to pay to watch Discovery Plus.  Will access to this every be included?  We already pay a high price for cable channels and shouldn't have to pay additionally for all these streaming services too just to get certain "exclusive" shows only on Discovery Plus.

3 Replies

CrystalS
    Former Moderator
    Hello @VentiMike,

We certainly value your feedback. We are always looking for ways to better serve our customers. Pricing of services is driven primarily by the cost of services we buy to resell to customers.  Cox does not create TV content; we are simply a reseller of content. We try our best to minimize the effects of increased operating costs on our customers however ultimately some of the added cost has to be passed on in order to remain a sustainable company.

Crystal S.
    Cox Support Forum Moderator

VentiMike
      New Contributor

This seems like a canned response.  I know you don't make content.  But as I said, with Peacock you gave us access to it for free as a Cox customer.  You should be able to do this with other apps like Discovery Plus to keep cable customers.  Otherwise people will continue to "cut the cord" and just pay for your internet and the streaming services they want to pay for.  You have the advantage for people to keep things simple and get everything they want in one place instead of paying for all these separate services.  Hopefully my thoughts are passed along to the power that be.

CrystalS
        Former Moderator
        Hi @VentiMike,

We do appreciate your feedback. This is really helpful for our product team. We appreciate you as a loyal customer and this will be passed on. Thank you!

Crystal S.
        Cox Support Forum Moderator