Forum Discussion

Sdtex
New Contributor
3 years ago

Recorded programs keep pausing and picture is scrambled

We have 2 DVR's but every time we record a show on one of them, the replay gets pixalated, pauses, jumps, stops and is basically unwatchable. I've rebooted the Cable box twice and nothing helps. Is it a bad cable box?

4 Replies

BenS1
    Former Moderator
    Hi @Sdtex
    I can relate to what's going on, and I want you to be able to watch your recorded shows without interruption. If you have one DVR that is working fine and the other DVR is not replaying recorded content properly, I would recommend replacing the box that is not working.

Ben S.
    Cox Support Forums Moderator
      Sdtex
      New Contributor

I would do that, Ben, however the one that isn't recording properly is my Contour box (6 recordings) where we have all of our saved programs and we would lose them all. But I suppose we have to bite the bullet sometime. Not sure why the hard drive where shows are saved can't be copied or saved somehow.  I know the newest boxes can save to the cloud now.  Thanks for your response.

BenS1
        Former Moderator
        @Sdtex

You're welcome and you are correct you will lose all of your recording on that box when you swap it out. And yes the new boxes use the Panoramic Wifi Gateway as the host box and save DVR content to the cloud, however, there is a year limit to the recordings staying on the cloud servers.

Ben S.
        Cox Support Forums Moderator
    CurtB
    Valued Contributor III

Does live TV pixelate, pause, jump and stop too?  If it does, you could have a signal issue.