Forum Discussion

VegasSam
New Contributor II
3 years ago
Solved

New user of contour 2- power all button on remote doesn't work.

When paired with both my TV and stereo, the power all button doesn't do anything. When paired with TV only it DOES work. When paired with TV and stereo, TV power button only controls the stereo. Stereo is connected only to TV via the optical cable, not to the contour box. Tried multiple codes for TV and stereo. None work for power but do control sound level. Contour box does control channel change.
TV is Sharp Aquos. Stereo is Panasonic DVD/Surround sound Stereo. Both are at least 15 years old.

• SOLVED!!!

Sequence that worked -

9-8-1 to reset remote

allowed system to pair to TV - worked as expected

When asked to pair to Panasonic - I let it start (NOT SKIP - that never worked) but did not enter Panasonic when asked what device it was.

While screen asking what sound device I wanted to pair was being displayed, I pressed SETUP button, then entered code from website for my model Panasonic and Pressed OK

Pressed EXIT from setup screen

TV power button turns TV on/off

ALL power button turns both devices on/off! - channel change works. Volume change works! 

I assume my contour box does NOT turn off so I set contour box display to off. 

Life is good!

Key was never letting system enter its own code - that never worked AND not telling it to skip pairing to sound device - that also never worked!!

15 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

Everything works with the exception of the Power All button.

What's the model of your Contour remote?

VegasSam
      New Contributor II

XR11-RF is printed on the back of the remote

Bruce
        Honored Contributor III

Same as mine.

If your Aquos is already paired, use Contour to pair your Panasonic.

Contour button > Settings (gear icon) > Remote Settings > Voice Remote Pairing > Yes > Choose Another Device > Find Panasonic

...this where I bailed because I don't have a Panasonic.

VegasSam
      New Contributor II

I used that web page to get the entry code for both the TV and the Panasonic Stereo. 

I have tried pairing to the panasonic using the auto pairing Ino code) method AND I have tried pairing using the code I got from the web site. Same result.

JonathanJ
        Former Moderator
        @VegasSam

Can you check your setting/device settings/audio and select auto detect?

Jonathan J
        Cox Moderator