Forum Discussion

hotngui
New Contributor
3 years ago

Can the wireless contour box work when your Panoramic router is in bridge mode?

I got a new contour wireless box because I was told it would work, but it does not work when I put the Panoramic router in bridge mode. I can watch recorded shows and see the Guide, but live tv does not work. 

I assume it’s because of Cox’s use of the MoCA protocol. 

So I am paying rent on a useless box. Can someone please confirm that it should or should not work?

Joey

11 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

Wireless MoCA from box to Pano.

What is wrong with a conventional (coaxial) set-top box?

hotngui
      New Contributor

I have no coax in the room, hence the need for the wireless. Am just looking for confirmation of whether it should work and if so why it is not working. 

Right now the wireless box and Pano are next to each other for testing purposes. Again, works fine until I put the Pano into bridge mode. 

Bruce
        Honored Contributor III

Why are you putting the Pano into Bridge Mode?  In Bridge Mode, the Pano isn't broadcasting.  I don't know how the wireless streamer would still get an updated Guide (hour-by-hour, time, temp, etc) without the Pano broadcasting.

I'll assume...since the Pano is designed to broadcast OTA copy-righted material and providers hate piracy...the wireless streamer will only negotiate with the Pano.

In Bridge Mode, how do you figure 2 devices would communicate?

bearone2
    Contributor III

doesn't bridge mode eliminate wifi with pano unit??

Bruce
      Honored Contributor III

LAN WiFi, yes, although its hotspot may still work.

hotngui
        New Contributor

Yes, but my ASUS router has wifi and I set the wireless contour box to use my wifi network. I know that part is working because I can play recorded videos, see the guide, and access the various apps bundled with the box.

Yes, the hotspot works when in bridge mode. I turned it back on to see if that made a difference to my problem per chance but no joy. Still cannot access live TV.