Forum Discussion

Longhornsfan
New Contributor
3 years ago

Error Code XRE-03136

It started with the Contour DVR box getting stuck in a boot loop.  Spent 5 hours on the phone with Cox support where the box was hit with signals multiple times, I unplugged the power source for 30 seconds, 2 minutes, 10 minutes, unplugged the power source and unattached the DVR cable and the coax cable and then reattached in a specific order. 

All to no avail.  Said that a technician would have to come out and it might cost $100 if it wasn't Cox's equipment causing the problem. 

I researched forums and the internet and tried those fixes too.

Now, I can get to the guide, but when you select a channel it takes a long time to load and then states, "This channel is temporarily unavailable. Please wait while the channel reloads. Try Again or Cancel.  Code XRE-03136"

This has been going on for 2 weeks!!!

What is going on?

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    CurtB
    Valued Contributor III

That sounds like a significant signal issue.  A DVR won't boot without an adequate signal.  Commands entered with your remote require communication with a Cox server and a response back.  A weak signal will delay the response time and can also cause channels to be unavailable.

Schedule a tech visit to check your signal strength.  If your cable comes in from a pole, be sure to ask for a tech with a long ladder when scheduling the appointment.  Request the tech check your signal strength at the tap.  Your issue could be caused by a weak main line signal that woud require it to be escalated to line technicians for repairs.  Cox won't schedule that escalation unless the on-site tech reports a signal issue at the tap.  If your issue is caused by a weak signal or a problem with any other Cox equipment, you won't be charged for tech visits.

CrystalS
    Former Moderator
    Hello @Longhornsfan,

I'm so sorry that you are having these TV issues. I'm here to help. This appears as if you may need someone to look into your account. We would definitely be able to assist you with this. Please reach us on Twitter at @CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or email us at cox.help@cox.com. Provide us the name on the account with the complete service address with a link to this thread so we can get started.

Crystal S.
    Cox Support Forum Moderator