Forum Discussion

nrezac
New Contributor II
3 years ago
Solved

Bally sports app

I’m connecting to cox in the Bally sports app and all I get are error messages. Everything worked fine a couple days ago. I’ve tried on all my devices (iPhone, Apple TV) with no success but the channel works fine on the cable box. Can anybody help?

mreyero
    3 years ago

See my answer above. You need to log and and disccnnect from Cox. Once you reconnect, your regional teams should work. Mine is now showing Cox / San Diego.

Sinclair (Bally Sports owner) wrote me:

"Our technical team has confirmed that there has been an update to fix the content access issues.

To ensure that this update reflects on your account, you must log out of your MVPD (cable provider’s login) and your Bally Sports account and then log back in."

22 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    BenS1
    Former Moderator
    Hi @Nrezac

I know how important it is for you to see your games on the Bally Sports app. Please make sure that you go into your setting and clear the data/cache on the app, then restart your device. Once you go back into the app, press 'Account' at the bottom, then under 'Provider' press 'Connect your provider', Select Cox, and then put in your Cox UserID and password. Let me know if you have any further questions.

Ben S.
    Cox Support Forums Moderator
      nrezac
      New Contributor II

Ben,

I’ve cleared my cache. In fact I’ve deleted the app which should remove all data. Reinstalled the app, restarted the device and if anything it’s made things worse. Now when I try to connect to tv provider it doesn’t even direct me to the cox login page. It skips over that and says success which is wrong. Then I try to watch content and it gives the same error. I’ve tried on WiFi and cell tower so it’s not a home based authentication thing. Any other ideas?

JonathanJ
        Former Moderator
        @Nrezac

Are you having issues access any other apps on your devices?

Jonathan J
        Cox Moderator
      gary-rhonda
      New Contributor

I'm having the same issue with my Bally Sports apps as well. It seems to log me in under the 'National' page instead of the ' San Diego' page and that makes it not possible to watch the games using the app. I've tried multiple different devices with the same results.

ChrisJ2

Hello, gary-rhonda. I apologize that your experience with the Bally app isn't the best. I want to help. Once you have the app opened, select the Region link at the bottom left and choose which region you would prefer at the top-center. The top-center menu scrolls to the right and left, so you can simply drag it until you find the selection you prefer. If you need further assistance, please reach out to us at cox.help@cox.com. Thanks for using the forums!

Chris J.

Cox Support Forum Moderator

JefferyS
      New Contributor

I am having the same issues. I think I read on Bally Sports website that app streaming is now only available for Direct TV subscribers if I am reading this right. Seems like it was just done and they told nobody

JonathanJ
        Former Moderator
        @JefferyS

Are you able to access it on channel 56 or 1056?

Jonathan J
        Cox Moderator
      MarkM1
      Former Moderator
      Hi Mreyero,

We would like to look into your issue here to see what is causing this for you. Would you send us an email to cox.help@cox.com with your name & full address so we can address this issue for you? Please reference this forum as well.

Mark M.
      Cox Support Forums Moderator
        mreyero
        New Contributor II

Hello Mark,

I have forwarded you via email my ticket with Sinclair / Bally Sports. It has screen shots of various devices. Some show "Cox / San Diego" and other's show "Cox / National". I suspect there an authentication issue going on between Sinclair / Bally Sports and Cox. Cached logins still stream regional content. Once you reauthenticate between Cox and Bally sports, its defaulting to "Cox / National" rather than my specific region.

greene888
    New Contributor

Bally sports app is terrible. It logs into the national page I keep getting errors trying to watch replays and the replays are only up till August 12 not current or even the day before   Not sure what to do

nrezac
      New Contributor II

Has anyone gotten this to work? I think I started this thread. Sorry to hear others are experiencing the same problems I’ve had. I’ve talked to the Bally Sports help people. They’re no help either. They basically told me to delete the app and try again. When I connect my tv provider it doesn’t identify my region. I change to my region in the app and it says I’m not entitled to the content. There’s some breakdown between Cox and Bally Sports where it doesn’t identify your region or the content your entitled to. Can Cox and Bally Sports get on the same page please? Things literally worked fine like a week ago. 

DWDKS
        New Contributor

I think this is a Cox/ Bally issue.  Until last week I could watch KC Royals games without issue, but it now says I amnot authorized to watch even though Bally sports network is provided on my TV lineup.  I logged into my MIL's xfinity account with my phone and was able to watch the Royals game.  Come on Cox, get this fixed!