Forum Discussion

Johngallant19
New Contributor
3 years ago

How can I set my guide to only show channels that are in my subscription?

I see that this question comes up about every two years, and there is no better solution than individually blocking channels.

I beseech Cox to contact their competitors and make this part of their programming options. Other cable media companies have figured out a user-friendly solution to filter out unsubscribed channels from the guide, or at least gray them out so you can skip past them easily. 

so far, this is our biggest complaint with this cable service - sorting through dozens of channels to view the ones available to us.

4 Replies

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

What you could do is set all your subscribed channels...or at least the ones you like...as Favorites and default your Guide to only show Favorites (click Guide button twice).

I don't know if there is a limit on Favorites.  However, you're correct, the developer should have a Subscribed option.

PJS2
      Contributor

Isn't that what the "Free to Me" option does?

Bruce
        Honored Contributor III

You're right.  Free to Me [Subscribed] does filter.

When I initially got Contour, I soured on FTM because it displayed subscribed channels in both formats (SD and HD).  I now only get HD channels so it'd work; however, FTM also displays all the ** channels I not only don't want but would never watch.  I like the Favs option.

PJS2
    Contributor

I believe you can use the "Free to Me" option to block unsubscribed channels. Press "Guide" twice - 2nd selection from the left.