Forum Discussion

brokenagain
New Contributor
3 years ago

Can't change channel without having to restart System, 8 days now.

So may reps in the last 8 days I can't count. When I try to change the channel I get a restart  message. Tv goes into reboot mode usually does not come back for hours. Got new Box. Same. results. Tech came out, said everything was fine with signal at street and box. 2 hours after he left, same thing, restart. Disables all boxes in the house. Spoke with rep on phone, 5th supervisor in 8 days. She said outright the tech lied today cause he didn't want to explain the situation. She said in fact he did file a ticket afterwards saying there was a signal issue at the street  and it will hopefully be fixed in up to months. I am Speechless. She seemed to indicate lying like this was a standard. I am going to try to find out the at name of the tech see of he wants to defend himself or not. 

This is my 4th set of Contour 2 boxes in 15 months.

2 Replies

CrystalS
    Former Moderator
    Hello @Brokenagain,

I'm sorry you are experiencing this with your remote. We are here to help. This appears as if you may need someone to look into your account. We would definitely be able to assist you with this. Please reach us on Twitter at @CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or email us at cox.help@cox.com. Provide us the name on the account with the complete service address with a link to this thread so we can get started.

Crystal S.
    Cox Support Forum Moderator
      Bruce
      Honored Contributor III
      This is my 4th set of Contour 2 boxes

Great find!  Fourth box but same remote!