Forum Discussion

hammerva
New Contributor
3 years ago

Question about extending recordings on DVR

Hello.  Try to figure out my new Countour 2 DVR and confused about something.  The site said these DVR can go up to 15 minutes early and I think 100 minutes late.  Yet the only option I see so far is 3 minutes early and 30 minutes late.  The old version had this ability to record late way past scheduled end.  Is there a setting to change or is there a box that actually does this

Whoever figure these times aren't sports fans because everyone know you need to record an hour extra all live stuff 

3 Replies

CurtB
    Valued Contributor III

Record the next program on the channel after the sports event.  It's not a perfect solution, but at least you won't miss the end of the game. 

The old version had this ability to record late way past scheduled end.  Is there a setting to change or is there a box that actually does this

A Contour 1 will record from 30 minutes early to 3 hours late, if you can still get a Contour 1.

hammerva
      New Contributor

If I am understanding this right, if the program is live you can record up to 2 hours later.  But all other recordings are going to limited to 30 minutes.   Which should be fine

Still wish they could start earlier than 2 minutes but small issue.