Forum Discussion

hammerva
New Contributor
3 years ago

Trying to figure how old or version my DVR box is

Hello.  My current DVR box is Serial: SACDQBDWC and MAC: 44E08ECBD3C9.  Is there any way of knowing what version this box would be or how many newer boxes have come out since.   I have been getting more locked up recently and when I reset my cable box I lose my recordings.  I have a feeling my version is just too old 

Thanks

28 Replies

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

There should be an About directory in your settings.  I don't know your version of Contour but mine is...

Contour button > Settings (gear icon) > About

My About directory is kinda glitchy because sometimes it won't launch.  You may have to attempt a few times.

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

Anyone notice lately LOTS of local-storage problems with Cox DVR service?  Since Cloud storage emerged, I wonder if ping-of-delete commands are now finding a way to a DVR near you...but from 'hume, hmm?

[Lock it...lock it...LOCK IT!]

• @Hammerva, Does your box make any unusual clicking and/or scraping sounds? -Allan, Cox Support Forums Moderator.
      hammerva
      New Contributor

No I am not getting this issue.   Just wondering if my frequent freezes is because of how old the box is.  I did call tech support and they said I got it in 2015.  So I decided to upgraded to the REC 6 version of Coutour 1 

Bruce
      Honored Contributor III

Let's see, 2021 - 2015 = eleventyteen?

bearone2
        Contributor III

about 12" square, you're living the dream as you watch tv!!

parforme
    New Contributor II
    • My experience is Cox will switch out any box at no cost if you if you bring the old box to one of their stores and reinstall the new box yourself. However, unless you subscribe to Contour you may lose all your recorded shows.