Forum Discussion

Andocious
New Contributor
3 years ago

Anyone else want that commercial with the screaming kid gone?

I'm sure you've all seen it. Come on Cox. Stop torturing your paying customers with screaming kids. I have to mute that garbage every time it comes on. I bet I'm not alone in this. 

20 Replies

KMF
    New Contributor

Most commercials you can just ignore, this Cox screaming kid is the worst, I keep the remote handy to mute it. After this brat runs through the house screaming at the top of his lungs the mother rewards him with ice cream! Bad parenting and disgusting. Makes me want to cancel my Cox subscription . Why would you think this helps sell your products. Who ever is responsible for this ad should be locked in a room and be forced to listen to it for a few hours. 

JonathanJ
      Former Moderator
      @KMF

Cox encourages all negative and positive feedback, so I thank you for taking the time to post. We truly intend only humor with our commercials, but I think we all interpret things differently. For example, I know that a commercial I enjoy actually irks my best friend. I have forwarded your comments to our marketing team so your voice will be heard.

Jonathan J
      Cox Moderator
        Bruce
        Honored Contributor III
        After this brat runs through the house screaming at the top of his lungs the mother rewards him with ice cream

What part was humorous?  If Cox "truly" intended humor, the mom would have painted ice cream on a wall and sniggered after the kid ran into it like Wile E. Coyote...or just hired comedians.

"The ends justify the means."  The intention of Cox isn't humor.  "Humor" is just the means.  The intention of Cox is to dupe you into identifying with the commercial.  If you can associate this kid to your kid(s), you're identifying with the commercial.  After you identify with the commercial, you'll identify a potential problem (distressed kid).  What's the solution?  Anybody?  Cox is your solution...d'uh.

The intention of Cox is to sell you family values.  You need Cox to nurture, protect and raise your kids.  Most commercials nowadays target you with emotional appeal, guilt, insecurities to persuade you.  It works!  Who would ever rent a router?  Should I rent computers as well?  I wanna be woke!

JonathanJ
    Former Moderator
    @Andocious

The FCC's launched the Commercial Audio Loudness Mitigation (CALM) Act on December 13, 2012. The CALM Act is intended to ensure TV commercials have the same average loudness as the TV programs they accompany. Cox actively works with programmers, advertisers, and equipment providers to ensure that commercials that run on our channel lineup are compliant with the new CALM Act regulations. I'd like to get a few more details from you so I can report this to our programmers and advertisers. Please email my team at cox.help@cox.com with the following information: your full name, full address, the date, time, and channel you were watching, a brief description of the commercial, and your full address. Thank you very much for your help!

Jonathan J
    Cox Moderator
    OldMainframeGuy
    New Contributor III

I cannot think of a more annoying commercial than this shrieking kid.   The shrieking is to get your attention and it gets the attention of my mute button.  My fantasy is to have Cox executives locked in a room listening to this commercial over and over again.  If you have to use shrieking kids to make your point you need to revisit the point you're trying to make.

PJS2
      Contributor

There's a new ad for Panoramic WiFi with a screaming kid y'all are gonna love. Must be working for Cox!

Rick_A
        New Contributor

PJS2, I somehow doubt it. Unless Cox's audience is made up of people who love to listen to children screaming.

mike532
    New Contributor

OMG that has to be the most obnoxious commercial on TV!!! And now they have another one with that little screaming brat. Who at Cox advertising thought this was a good idea? It makes me want to change my Cable service.

mike532
      New Contributor

Now they have ANOTHER commercial with the screaming kid. It's amazing to think Cox is paying someone to come up with this.

Bruce
      Honored Contributor III

I felt something was off kilter when Cox started peddling routers in TV ads.  I mean…what other company have you seen advertising routers on TV?  Cox now reminds me of the PC Matic antivirus ads.  What other company have you seen advertising antivirus software on TV?  Hawkers.

JDCole
    New Contributor

Horrible. And there's a second one.Cox must be pretty desperate for positive, attractive ad content if they have to resort to  scaring the viewer with a screaming child. Shame on Cox for this disruptive manipulation.

topdowngo
    New Contributor

I love that little boy!! I want to take him home every time I see him!  There is just something a out his mischief that I adore!! Once had a little boy like him!  Please keep the kid and the commercials!  

Rick_A
      New Contributor

topdowngo, If you love that little boy and want to take him home, you might want to get into pre-K education. You can listen to children scream all day.

zDD
    New Contributor

Yes! The screaming is unsettling. It’s terrible for people who are sensitive to high pitch sounds and/or those who suffer from PTSD. 

JonathanJ
      Former Moderator
      @ZZD

This has already been posted in the thread.

The FCC's launched the Commercial Audio Loudness Mitigation (CALM) Act on December 13, 2012. The CALM Act is intended to ensure TV commercials have the same average loudness as the TV programs they accompany. Cox actively works with programmers, advertisers, and equipment providers to ensure that commercials that run on our channel lineup are compliant with the new CALM Act regulations. I'd like to get a few more details from you so I can report this to our programmers and advertisers. Please email my team at cox.help@cox.com with the following information: your full name, full address, the date, time, and channel you were watching, a brief description of the commercial, and your full address.

Jonathan J
      Cox Moderator

Mudd
    New Contributor

No you are not. I have my remote at the ready, and the moment I see the outside of that house I immediately go for the mute button. I HATE that commercial with the screaming kid. The other one with the teenage daughter I don't mind, but the screaming kid has to go immediately.