Forum Discussion

debbie_heinen
New Contributor II
3 years ago

Cox Hampton Roads channels are flagged as DRM

Hi All,

I've been a Cox CableCard user for a little while now, and recently (Around the past two months) I have not been able to view my channels as the majority of them are marked as DRM on my HdHomerun. 

This forum is from two months ago: Wichita KS CableCard now has DRM - TV - TV Forum - Cox Support Forums, and hasn't been updated in a while, and I was wondering if this issue is permeant or if it will be resolved soon. 

Thanks

1 Reply

ChristopherC
    Former Moderator

Due to evolving use of the Internet to view and transmit video programming, Cox must make network upgrades to ensure its programming remains secure. If you are finding that you are unable to view or record select channels please be advised of the following:

• If you are using a PC-based CableCARD-enabled device from companies such as SiliconDust (e.g., HDHomeRun Prime), ATI (e.g. ATI – TV Wonder) or Ceton (e.g. infiniTV) you must use equipment and software that is DRM-compliant to view DRM-protected channels.

If you wish to record DRM-protected channels, these devices require that Windows Media Center (WMC) must be used to support copy protection.  Some of these devices may require WMC to even view copy-protected channels.  Unfortunately, Microsoft announced in 2015 that WMC would no longer be supported beginning with Windows 10. 

Please contact your device manufacturer if you have additional questions about compatible equipment or software configurations. 

• If you are using a TiVo and are unable to view or make recordings please contact TiVo. 

After you have contacted the device manufacturer, if you are still having problems please let us know.

ChristopherC