Forum Discussion

martim7
New Contributor II
3 years ago

Stream player issue

I hooked up and successfully went through the easy setup with my new stream player wireless connection for my LG TV.  I have the new Panoramic Wifi Router.  After I went through setup I am able to see "guide" and"My Contour," screens.  If I go to Guide I see all the channels but when I choose to watch one there is no picture.  The TV screen is black and there is no sound.  I called tech support and we went through all of the standard reboot and telemetry procedures but to no avail.  I can go to "My Contour" and then settings and I see that my WIFI signal as "Excellent" so I don't think that is the problem.  I have a Netgear Orbi Wifi mesh system.  

11 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

Why did you mention your Orbi?  Is your TV connected to the Orbi?

I understand you're seeing the Guide...with possibly data for time and weather...and I'm unsure what RF this would transmit.  Channels, however, may be a higher frequency.  MoCA?

martim7
      New Contributor II

Thanks. The only reason I mentioned it was to see if anyone else had the same issue with an Orbi Wifi system.  Otherwise, I don't see a reason why it would matter.

Bruce
        Honored Contributor III

If I could get to the root of this problem, why do you need a wireless cable-box?  Would a "wired" (coaxial cable) cable-box not work with your setup?