Forum Discussion

antonio1
New Contributor II
3 years ago

Frequent Outages

Lately Cox services are really unreliable. Another lenghty area outage tonight on all services: TV, Internet, and Telephone. In the last 6 months we got at least 15-20 of these. No, it's not just my line, these are outages published on the Cox website. We pay top dollars for these services. Very disappointing and disruptive for those who rely on internet to work. We shouldn't be paying for those days when the service is not available. 

16 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    CrystalS
    Former Moderator
    @Antonio1

As we as customers experience ongoing issues and report them. We work to resolve these issues as they are reported. We work diligently to limit the amount of downtime we as customers experience. Our normal maintenance window is between midnight and 6 AM. Not all customers experience outages the same; even in the outage area, different customers experience different issues. Please reach out to us when you are experiencing service issues due to an outage. We never mind reviewing accounts for credit due to loss of service for outages.

Crystal S.
    Cox Support Forum Moderator
      raven0816
      New Contributor

If you truly worked "diligently" then nightly outages wouldn't happen. Cox has become one of the WORST utilities I've ever dealt with 

antonio1
      New Contributor II

Thanks ChystalS. That's so reassuring to hear that Cox really cares about when to do maintenance to reduce disruption to us customers. So far, all the outages in the last six months happened during business hours. Here the last three days:

6/15: 4.30pm - 8pm (Internet, TV, and Phone)

6/15: 9.30pm - 1.30am (Internet, TV, and Phone)

6/16: 3pm - 6.30pm (Internet, TV, and Phone)

I have screenshots of your website outage notice, if interested. This has been the pattern lately and the disruption is more severe for people who work remotely. 

Yes, I call Cox Support often and I get "sorry, there is an outage in your area".

Let your management know that Cox should consider investing in long-term reliability, in addition to be reactive to customer complains, which clearly is not sufficient. For some reason, getting the bills out to customers works very reliably :)

Allan
        @Antonio1, recommend sending us an email with your full name, address, and a brief description of this concern to cox.help@cox.com and we will be more than happy to review this ongoing issue on your behalf. -Allan, Cox Support Forums Moderator
      antonio1
      New Contributor II

Another outage in my area today. 4 days in a row. This one says estimated repair time 6/21 (4 days outage). 

JIMMYSAB
        New Contributor III

Can you update this thread with the resolution that Cox provided please? 

Naito
    New Contributor II

You are not alone.  My service in Rancho Palos Verdes has recently been very flaky with outages happening randomly that would last a few hours.  I never once received any credits.

However, my service has been worse since Saturday at 3:00pm PST when we experienced an outage.  Now only local channels are available.  None of the channels for preferred and advanced TV service are working.  Additionally, a premium channel ,TV Japan, has been unavailable for the past 3 days. 

Every day, Cox declares an outage is detected.  They declare service would be restored at some time in the evening.  When the service is restored, not everything is working.  Every day, I contact Cox to say my services are still down.  I have yet to hear from an advanced technician.  Nor from customer service about a credit.

CrystalS
      Former Moderator
      Hello @Naito,

I apologize that you have been having to deal with unreliable service. You certainly deserve reliable service. We would love to speak to you about reviewing your account for credit, especially if you are having to deal with ongoing outages. Please reach us on Twitter at @CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or email us at cox.help@cox.com. Provide us the name on the account with the complete service address with a link to this thread so we can get started. We are always available to assist you at any time.

Crystal S.
      Cox Support Forum Moderator
        antonio1
        New Contributor II

I contacted COX multiple times about these frequent outages. I was never offered any credit. So don't waste your time, unless you are satisfied with more apologies. 

Customer service is trying their best to keep customers happy (appreciated) but I dont believe they have the authority to offer credits in these situations.

I'd be happy to be wrong here. If you ever got credit back as a customer due to poor service, please reply here. 

I am also looking forward to the end of this monopoly, after being a Cox customer for 20+ years.

antonio1
    New Contributor II
    • For potential customers who read this thread, after a day-long network upgrade with no service and a congratulatory email ("your network is now faster and more stable"), yay, we continue to have outages published on the Cox site, with no stability in sight. Customer support is always emphatic and supportive but the network is sadly really poor, with no other choice of cable providers in my area. Really disappointing.
      Andrew_Wees
      Contributor III

You do know in order for them to see this they would need to be a cox customer