Forum Discussion

Bruce
Honored Contributor III
3 years ago

Contour Landscape Screensaver

In the Contour settings, I selected Landscape as my screensaver and it has some very scenic images.

However, the ratio of scenic images to promotional BS has become insufferable.  Moreover, there are more Promotions than Landscapes:  Promotions (7) to Landscapes (3).

I watched the screensaver for about 15 minutes and tracked its rotation:

Landscape:  Bondi Beach, New South Wales Australia
Promotion:   Contour + Peacock
Promotion:   EPIX Free Preview
Promotion:   Try Out These Voice Commands:  Gameroom, Family Summer Fun, NBA Playoffs
Promotion:   Black Music Month
Landscape:  Cathedrals Beach, Galicia, Spain
Promotion:   Happy Pride Month
Promotion:   Ring Sports
Landscape:  Bristol, United Kingdom

Did I mention I selected Landscape as my screensaver?  The Landscape screensaver has a 1-to-2 ratio of scenic images to Promotional BS.

What's going on here?  Why does Cox have to ruin things?

5 Replies

BenS1
    Former Moderator
    Hi @Bruce,

I am glad that you enjoy the Landscape screensaver and I know that ads in between the scenes can be cumbersome at times. I have submitted your observations and ideas to our video team. We appreciate the feedback.

Ben S.
    Cox Support Forums Moderator
      Bruce
      Honored Contributor III

Would you post their reply or justification?

Revere
    New Contributor

Agreed. Some things I choose not be promoted in my home. I'm fine with black music and ring sports.

Bruce
      Honored Contributor III

It's a screensaver.  It's for entertainment.  It's not an opportunity for carpet-bagging pinheads to spam us with their cherry-picked, trendy values.  Where are the promos for ALS & Alzheimer's awareness...Jewish-Americans...National Safety Month?  51% of accidents occur at home.  If I get hurt, I couldn't pay my Cox bill!

It's not Black Music Month.  In 2009, Obama proclaimed it African-American Music Appreciation Month.  I understand reducing it for a voice command but at least title the promo correctly.

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

I didn't think it could get any worst but now there a 0 landscape images in the screensaver.  it's now just promos for...

Peacock
    Homelife
    DogTV
    Kocowa

Did I mention I selected Landscape as my screensaver?