Forum Discussion

LokiMa
New Contributor
3 years ago

EPIX Free Preview June 4-7 2021 Not Working & Tech Support No Help

I noticed in the Contour Menu it showing a free EPIX preview from June 4-7. I tried to access the channels and the On Demand for Epix and none of the programs or movies are showing free to watch. I contacted tech support, thinking maybe my DVR didn't do its update and that is why I couldn't access it. The technician sent a signal to the box and had me unplug it to reboot it (all things I could have done myself). The only other suggestion he gave was to send someone out and possibly end up switching out my Contour box. I told him I did not want to do that and lose all my recordings just for a free preview. I don't understand why they put on there it is a free preview weekend if it actually isn't one. Has anyone been able to access the free preview? 

7 Replies

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

I'm in Northern Virginia and I also can't access the Preview.  This isn't unusual for Cox.  Cox will boldly promote but unabashedly ignore the access.

• Hello LokiMa, It looks like we may need to take a closer look at this issue for you. Please send us an email with your full name and address to cox.help@cox.com. Thanks. -Allan, Cox Support Forums Moderator.
      Bruce
      Honored Contributor III

I chimed in to prove this discrepancy isn't isolated to 1 specific account.

Allan
        Hello Bruce. Please be advised that the free preview is only for the Epix through On Demand. The normal Epix channels are not included with this preview. -Allan, Cox Support Forums Moderator.