Forum Discussion

dkempton
New Contributor
3 years ago

Issue discussed by numerous people on TV Forum eight years ago still giving us fits in 2021

We went into a Cox office in 2019 after moving to a new Mesa neighborhood to streamline our services. They said we could get a lot more channels for the same price if we just traded in our existing box, as it was "old." Why didn't they ever say so? Oh, yeah...to save money on handing out better equipment. No refund credit for that time period, of course.

What I'd like to know is--after eight years of people STILL having the signal drop off every few minutes (sometimes less than that!) to a black void then coming back on, why are ANY of the 2021 era Motorola boxes still out there? Cox said it was a "known issue" with them.

So our "newer" Explorer 8642HDC (Motorola, too?) has started to do that the past few weeks. It never happens in the daytime on any channel. In the evening, after about 7-8pm MST, it's constant, on all channels. When watching NBA playoffs of our local team, it is driving us nuts. On Sunday, we recorded the NASCAR race, which was late afternoon, and we had the issue. So today, I've had it on since 7am, and it hasn't started as of 1:53pm.

We chatted with a tech about it in once over the weekend. She did an "update" on our box. It worked till the next day. 

I'm starting to think that the more people are on watching, the worse it gets. People home during the night, people watching sporting events, kids going to school taking up bandwidth...I don't know, but the time period we have issues IS suspect.

All I DO know is that if it doesn't stop, we're going to get a satellite dish.

1 Reply

• Hi dkempton,

We'd be happy to investigate this issue and address your concerns; however, we'll need to take the conversation offline. Please email my team at cox.help@cox.com with this post, your full name, and your complete address. You can also reach out to us on Twitter and Facebook through the links below:

www.facebook.com/.../

https://twitter.com/CoxHelp

Maria
    Cox Support Forum Moderator