Forum Discussion

Maritzavier318
New Contributor
4 years ago

TV service is choppy

My TV service is constantly breaking up. The picture starts getting choppy then goes black. This has been a regular occurrence on the basic and premium channels. There was an upgrade to the service recently but it still happens. I have already reset the box to attempt to fix the problem. It still happens

20 Replies

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

Do you have the Wireless Streamer box or coaxial-cable box?

tom2point0
      New Contributor

They’re reporting ANOTHER outage, just on the heels of yesterday’s outage. So tired of this but we don’t have many other affordable options. 

Maritzavier318
        New Contributor

This happens daily for me. I've checked for outrages and there wouldn't be any listed

d__rock
    New Contributor

I have the same choppy issue - mine happens on the SYFY and Freeform channels. I tried to call to get it reset at the office because resetting it at home did not work and he was no help. I asked the service rep where he was located and he said he was in Jamaica.  I am in the 89123 area. Has anyone found a solution to the problem. I can not fine a tech office in my area, just sales. 

BenS1
      Former Moderator
      Hi @Wild Duck,
      I can relate to what's going on, and I want you to be able to watch your shows without interruption. Are there any splitters or amplifiers that are connected to the coaxial that is screwed into the back of your Cable box?

Ben S.
      Cox Support Forums Moderator
    Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

Be prepared for a tech visit.  Cox will charge for a tech visit and if the tech "concludes" the Cox Wireless 4K Contour Stream Player will resolve your issue, you'll also need to rent the Cox Panoramic router.

Just a heads up.

Maritzavier318
      New Contributor

So you're saying that I'll have to pay for a tech if they determine you're standard service doesn't keep up with the quality of today's standard televisions. Wow isn't that a jip. So much for good service. Thanks I'll pass.

BrianM
        You would only be charged a service call fee if there was any non-Cox wiring and/or equipment to be the cause. We also offer the complete care package to help prevent against any service call fees. www.cox.com/.../completecare.html

Brian
        Cox Support Forum Moderator
    lash
    New Contributor

Same. Every *** afternoon on ch 123. So tired of Cox.

Allan
      @Lash, Are you experiencing this issue on any other channel or just this one? -Allan, Cox Support Forums Moderator.
  • again and again and again for me. And the box won't reset when I ask for it and there is NO ONE to CALL or TALK TO about getting the techs to do it from downtown.  Worst.      Customer..        Service...... Ever.

BenS1
      Former Moderator
      Hi @Marcus Nunes

We completely understand your frustration & want to provide you with the best customer service experience possible. Please email us at cox.help@cox.com with your full name and address and we can either schedule a technician for you or ship you a replacement box.

Ben S.
      Cox Support Forums Moderator