Forum Discussion

ATLAS119
New Contributor II
4 years ago

DVR acting same as On Demand content (FF and REW) functions...

First off, this is a newer issue. First noticed while playing recorded content from DVR, and fast forward past a set of commercials, when done fast forwarding, it resets back to same time stamp where I left off forcing me to watch the commercials. Annoying, to say the least. So I watch the commercials and continue watching the show, when I get to the next set of commercials I fast forward again, (habit) and this *** thing resets me back not to that set of commercials, but all the way back to the first set. 30 freaking minutes, now if I attempt to fast forward it just resets me back over and over again. This has happen for Below Deck, and now Resident Alien. I have “unplugged” my device and reset it, I have all the current state of the art boxes and gateway and everything is reset, so let’s just skip the usual blanket dum dum help responses...

I want someone to admit what you are doing, take ownership of the fact, you have changed the DVR content features, and are forcing everyone to watch the commercials, if not for all recorded content, for sure you are doing it for some. How do you ever expect customer retention when your sneaky fatherless policies do this? Not to mention, the constant creep up on the bill.  We record the content so we don’t have to watch the commercials (news flash) and if you sell a product or service that has certain functionality, then change it without notice, that is deceptive and wrong. 

And to be perfectly clear, this is not On Demand content, this is DVR content recorded via the guide. And furthermore it is not labeled that “some features like ff may not function” like the On Demand content states.

And lastly the most annoying part of this, is that you coded the DVR to function like this and your coder monkeys made a mistake, because instead of just disabling fast forward, it resets you back to the first commercial stop no matter how many times you’ve ALREADY WATCHED THAT SET OF COMMERCIALS.

JUST OWN WHAT YOU'VE DONE AND ADMIT IT.

Sincerely,

Soon to be an ex Cox customer for life!

5 Replies

SharonL
    Former Moderator
    Hello,

This appears as if you may need someone to investigate your account personally. We would be able to assist you with this. Please reach us on Twitter at @CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or email us at cox.help@cox.com. Provide us the name on the account with the complete service address with a link to this thread so we can get started.

Thank you.

Sharon
    Cox Support Forum Moderator
    randosmom
    New Contributor II

Perfectly said!  I am having the same issue and have contacted Cox twice and each time the representative acts ignorant of what is going on, though it is very clear to the subscriber.

LisaH
      Hi Randosmom. I apologize that we are aware of this issue and are working to get it resolved. You can try using the 2x option when fast-forwarding to see if that works. We hope to have this resolved soon. Thanks, Lisa, Cox Support Forums Moderator
    Jmontray
    New Contributor

Same issue here. It appears only on Oklahoma Thunder games so far. The ff icon is missing and it skips back to the beginning of program every time I try to fast forward. I would like to be able to at least skip half time....