Forum Discussion

camo
New Contributor
4 years ago

Dvr

When watching some recorded shows when I fast fwd past the commercials it will return to the start of the commercials I just fast forwarded past.

16 Replies

• I am having the exact same issue and reboot did not help.  It is happening on all of my receivers.  Also, different recordings.

mikejulis
    New Contributor

I am also having this problem. All recorded shows. I’ll fast forward and it jumps back. This is aggravating. What’s the point of recording if I can’t skip commercials??

Khips2
      New Contributor

I’m having the same issue, with the contour 2 boxes. I reached out to them and they said there’s no issue on their end. So it didn’t resolve any of our issues

Allan

@Mikejulis and Khip2. This is a known issue that we are working on resolving. I apologize for this inconvenience. -Allan, Cox Support Forums Moderator.

• @Camo, I recommend unplugging the power from the cable box for 2 mins and then plug it all back up. Please let us know if there is any change. -Allan, Cox Support Forums Moderator.
      camo
      New Contributor

Rebooting didn’t help. Sam’s as @AnnoyedSmile. When I fast forward recordings it returns to commercials at the beginning of the program. Happens on all dvrs

LisaH
        Hi Camo. I apologize that we are aware of this issue and are working to get it resolved. Please try to use the 2x option when fast-forwarding to see if this works. Thanks, Lisa H, Cox Support Forums Moderator
    Gettnbetter
    New Contributor

I find the same issue.  I have a Cisco DVR.  I do not like the unit, it is loud and uses a lot of power and often forwards inconsistently, sometimes skipping 20 minutes of content.   Unplugging is totally useless as Allan suggests.  I would ask, why are we forced to pay for power hungry spinning hard drives when low power SSD's are the norm?

JonathanJ
      Former Moderator
      @Gettnbetter

Sorry to hear you don't like the Cisco DVR it's possible the hard drive may be going out. You can also swap it out at a Cox solution store.

Jonathan J
      Cox Moderator
      coxprblms
      New Contributor III

I have the same problem. Started happening about 6 months ago. Sometimes when I start to rewind or fast forward it will instantly skip to the beginning or the end of the program. I then have to start over and figure out where I left off in the program. I noticed on the bottom of the DVR I just received (I'm on my 4th in 2.5 years) the build sticker says it was manufactured in 2011.

Allan
        @Coxprblms, If you are experiencing loud noises or clicking sounds, you may need to swap that box at the nearest Cox retail store. -Allan, Cox Support Forums Moderator.
    randosmom
    New Contributor II

Exact same problem.  I've tried every solution that customer service has offered and no resolution to my issue.