Forum Discussion

VentiMike
New Contributor
4 years ago

Discovery Plus?

Are you looking into a way to give your customers access to Discovery Plus like you did for Peacock premium?  I have now seen commercials for several Discovery network shows that my family watches that will now be moving to Discovery Plus.  We like our cable service with Contour DVR and on demand and should not have to switch to another device and pay additional service to to see these shows.  These Plus services are fine for people that don't want cable, but for us that already have the channels on cable, it is not fair to make us pay for a streaming service to watch them.  I know my issue is with Discovery and not Cox, but if anything can be done to let your customers view the Discovery Plus content on Cox cable, that would be great.  Maybe Discovery Plus will not be successful and they will move these shows back.

23 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • VentiMike, send me your complete home address, your first/last name in an email: cox.help@cox.com, and I will submit a request to our Video Programming team. We are here 24/7, thank you, Mike
      TRoss68
      New Contributor II

Can you add me to this request? I'm looking for Cox to add the Discovery app as well. 

BenS1
        Former Moderator
        Hi @Tross68

We are always working to make our channel line up as diverse and appealing to our customers as possible. I have submitted that app request on your behalf. Thanks for the feedback.

Ben S.
        Cox Support Forums Moderator
    Piper8ca
    New Contributor

I am with VentiMike. Make Discovery+ available on the streaming player. It is totally annoying that people who like shows on Discovery now have to use their streaming app (no fault of Cox mind you), but if I have the streaming player I should be able to use it.

Mama3
      New Contributor

I completely agree, It needs to be added to the apps we can buy since all the shows my family and I watch are on Discovery. It's just sad that now we have to pay even more than we do now to watch shows that should come with the most expensive cable package

Andrew_Wees
        Contributor III

You can buy it already the OP wants it included in the price of tv like peacock is

Tivo_Guy
      New Contributor

Cable boxes will never have all the streaming apps.  Think about it.  No need for cable then.  Get a Roku, Apple TV or the new TiVo stream 4K.  It’s awesome. You just insert in an hdmi port on your tv and you have all the streaming apps you want.  The TiVo is on sale for 39.00 for a few more weeks.  

Andrew_Wees
        Contributor III

You missed the point he wants it added to the tv side like peacock is not an app on the box

Irondog702
    New Contributor

It’s pretty crazy that with all the money you get from us that we would have to pay more money  to watch the spin offs off shows from discovery channel... thanks cox

MichaelJ
      Hi Irondog702, that is a decision the broadcaster made. Cox does not own the Discovery channel. What I can do is submit a request to our Video Team. Send your complete home address, and your first/last name in an email: cox.help@cox.com

Thank you,

Mike J.
    Marycox
    New Contributor

I agree. Make Discovery+ available on the streaming player. 

08trish
    New Contributor

I agree,so mamyof our favorite programs are on discovery + but with all th,e extracosts right now I can’t upgrade my cable.  It cost us a fortune as it is on a retired income.  Come on please give us a break and add D+ to our everyday channels.Thank you 

BenS1
      Former Moderator
      Hi@08Trish,

I know having the content that you want on your channel lineup is important to you. Please email us at cox.help@cox.com with your full name and address., I can submit an app request for you.

Ben S.
        Sue61
        New Contributor

Can  you do that for me too?  i want discovery plus for the channels. It is very frustrating. I will also email as you instruct below.

Irondog702
        New Contributor

So is peacock network but you can sign into that with cox 

LSinCA
    New Contributor

I completely agree. I want to be added to the list. I have Contour and hardly watch anything. Why am I paying $250+ a month [no premium channels either]?

MariaL
      Hi LSinCA,

I was able to locate your account based on the email address you registered your Forums user ID with and have submitted a request on your behalf.

Maria
      Cox Support Forum Moderator
    StangMan
    New Contributor

I +1 with everyone on this thread.  Please add me to the list of folks wanting you to add Discovery+ to Contour TV as an app.

We love the programming it offers and miss not having it with our viewing choices.

MariaL
      Hi StangMan,

I have submitted a request to our Product Content team on your behalf.

Maria
      Cox Support Forum Moderator
    KMALLC
    New Contributor

I agree. With all these extra subscription charges to watch programs that used to be included in Cox tiered programming bundles......,

Why do we need to keep paying Cox as a service provider if they are no longer providing us the content?