Forum Discussion

jk66
New Contributor
4 years ago

HBO series Chernobyl

I can't believe that I can't find anyone at Cox who either knows or cares about answering what I thought was a simple question. I have a 'bundled offering' that includes among other channels, HBO. Based on a recommendation, I wanted to start watching the mini-series, Chernobyl, which is being aired on HBO. When I look at the series information, it shows only Episodes 1, 4, and 5. Episodes 2 and 3 are missing on my On Demand listing. Cox opened a ticket on Tuesday of this week and I was informed that I would be receiving a call with a resolution and update status. After receiving no communication from Cox, I called them again this evening only to find out that the ticket was apparently 'cancelled/closed' for 'lack of information'. How much more clear can I be? It's a 5 episode series. Episodes 2 & 3 are not listed. Yes, and I went through 3 reboots of my set top box initiated by Cox.. Is this too difficult to answer?

21 Replies

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

Chernobyl only has 3 episodes on my on-demand as well.  Cox needs to contact HBO.

• @Jk66. I am truly sorry to hear that this has happened and I have submitted this information back to our video team for review. -Allan
      jk66
      New Contributor

So will I receive another update? 

BenS1
        Former Moderator
        @JK66,

Please allow for 48-72 business hours for the Video Team to resolve the issue. Thanks.

Ben S.
        Cox Support Forums Moderator
    Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

There are 2 ways to watch HBO:  via the cable-TV system or the Internet.

HBO via cable-TV is limited because HBO rotates movies month-to-month and apparently relies on unmotivated Content Editors to inventory its content.

Via the Internet, I've used HBO Go (pre-Max) and it appears their entire library is available to stream.

You're experiencing 1 of the limitations of HBO via cable-TV and the workaround is viewing via the Internet with Max.

First, it's not a perfect workaround because HBO Max is limited to certain platforms and if you don't have 1 of the compatible platform, you'll either need to buy 1 or wait for HBO to fix the missing episodes.  Second, streaming Chernobyl via the Internet will count against your data cap.  Third, it's just horrible customer service.

In case you haven't noticed, you're getting the rube-runaround.  Have your tried directly contacting HBO?  I didn't see a specific address for General Issues but perhaps you could use 1 of addresses and, hopefully, somebody could forward to the correct office.

help.hbomax.com/.../20
    www.hbo.com/.../contact-us

UPDATE:  It's odd how there isn't an address for general issue on their website but if you Internet search "hbo help email," you'd get general@hbo.com.

jk66
      New Contributor

Thanks, Bruce. You're way more savvy than the help I've had from Cox. It's unbelievable to me that even though I'm paying for HBO, and they have three of the five episodes available on On Demand, they are still holding back two episodes.. Time to change providers...