Forum Discussion

idamot
New Contributor
4 years ago

I’m unable to record hockey on center ice channels

I’m unable to record games on the center ice channels. I can watch the games, but recording just fails (no error just the red cancel circle after I finish selecting recording options and hit record). It doesn’t show up in my scheduled recordings as cancelled either. On the Cox chat I was told this was a provider change. Is this correct? Can no one record nhl games anymore on those channels? I’ve been a center ice subscriber for years, but I am not able to watch games real time. This change would be huge for me and seems ridiculous to have no warning. I see nothing online about this.

28 Replies

idamot
    New Contributor

Note I have no issues recording other channels. Had same problem during nba preview where I could watch but not record games

BenS1
    Former Moderator
    Hi @Idamot,

We completely understand the frustration & we want you to be able to record your games without interruption. I have tested it on my DVR and I was able to set a recording for an NHL Center Ice game. Have you tried using the C Button to try and set the recording via the Sports App and selecting your favorite teams? Link here: www.cox.com/.../using-the-contour-2-sports-in-guide-app.html

Ben S.
    Cox Support Forums Moderator
      idamot
      New Contributor

Yes. To be clear I’ve recorded games without issues for years. I have my favorite team (capitals) set to record automatically, but the dvr will not record any games on the center ice channels. This is just a recent problem ( this season).

for example, tonight’s game against Buffalo will not record, despite free preview of center ice channels. I see no way to trigger record through the sports app. My scheduled recordings show the game on Sunday set to record (national coverage). If I manually try to record the game on 671 for tonight, I can select record, just this game, confirm, and it just shows the red circle with slash through it saying it will not record. Saved/scheduled recordings shows no indication of it.

when I was talking to the technical support person via chat last night and they said the provider no longer allows recording of the games, I had a hard time believing that, but I didn’t know how else to challenge that statement. I asked for any documentation about it as it seemed like it would be a huge problem for many people, but he said there was nothing published. I’m assuming this issue is somehow specific to me rather than being a systemic problem

id appreciate suggestions as to next step. Do I just try and contact technical support and hopefully get a different answer?

JonathanJ
        Former Moderator
        @Idamot

I show a ticket has been submitted today on your behalf to our video team. They are looking into this issue I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

Jonathan J
        Cox Moderator
    Pymmij
    New Contributor

I'm having the same issue(Sabres fan), also unable to watch live. This would be a deal breaker for me and would cancel Center Ice if we are unable to record

RCFlyer
    New Contributor

I;m having the same problem here! I can't even record a game that I'm watching. They just put a ticket in on me as well. Hopefully they get it resolved shortly because Center Ice is useless to me if I cannot schedule game recordings

idamot
      New Contributor

yep- same behavior, and same opinion if not fixed regarding center ice

CambioX
        New Contributor

Same here. Very frustrating as I am unable to watch East Coast games 'live' and typically record it for later viewing. 

eweber
    New Contributor

We're experiencing the same problem in south Orange County, CA. We've already missed two (out of three) Sharks games due to our inability to record them.  I hope COX can either fix the problem soon, or provide a refund.

Allan
      @Eweber, Is this happening only with Shark games or with other ones as well? -Allan, Cox Support Forums Moderator.
        eweber
        New Contributor

Unable to answer your question at this time.  It's my father-in-law who is having the issue.  I asked him your question, and it turns out he no longer has access to the center ice channels (since last night).  The DVR says, "you don't have access.  Either click the subscribe button or the cancel button".  I hope this is a good sign indicating that someone is working on the issue -- perhaps resetting his subscription.