Forum Discussion

Venkmen
New Contributor
4 years ago

Flash and Contour Website - Now Disabled

The Contour Website just stopped working (finally) due to Flash being disabled. I tried on multiple browsers and no go. 

This is completely expected, and yet Cox did not update the website. When will this be updated?

8 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

Their website still uses Flash?  Why they'd disable it?  Flash still works.  Just no updates for Flash.

Venkmen
      New Contributor

It's been well reported that Adobe was ending Flash for a couple of years now. They have even gone as far as stating you should uninstall it. The Contour website is asking for an update, but there is no new update available due to Adobe sunsetting the product. 

Bruce
        Honored Contributor III

I remember the statement from Adobe.  If you don't need it, remove it.  If you still need it, use it but beware of security and functionality issues.

I'm just surprised after 2 years of EoS from Adobe, Cox still employs it.

CurtB
    Valued Contributor III

The Contour website https://watchtv.cox.com/listings works, the same as always.  It's actually better now because there's no longer a need to "Allow" Flash.

The last Flash update ever, occurred on 12/08/2020 and brought an actual date to the Flash end of life with 01/12/2021 as the date after which Flash content will no longer run.