Forum Discussion

nascar4433
New Contributor
4 years ago

Connect Contour 2 Box to Samsung TV and Bose Solo 5 Sound Bar

Hi...I just swapped out to the new Contour 2 with Voice Remote (previously had the basic Contour box).  Unable to connect the new Contour 2 box with my Bose Solo 5 Sound Bar.  For reference, I have the following devices that I want to use together:

Samsung TV (2013)

Bose Solo 5 Sound Bar

Cox Contour 2 box with Voice Remote

Fire TV Lite Stick

The old Contour basic box allowed me to connect my Solo 5 to the tv and the box using optical cable.  There isn't a place on the new Contour 2 to do that.  Can't figure out how to connect the Bose soundbar to the new Contour 2.

In the end, I want to be able to watch TV via Contour 2 and use my Bose Solo 5 sound bar.  I've recently added Fire TV Lite to HDMI2 on the TV but can't figure how to add that to the sound bar as well.

Can anyone please help me?!!  I've spent so many hours trying to figure this out, and a cousin that has been trying to help me (remotely) has even ordered several different cables trying to help, but none of them work (optical & otherwise).  I HATE the tinny sound from the TV (and also the Fire TV stick).  Loved listening to programs, movies, concerts with the Bose Solo 5 sound bar...I really want it back!  HELP??  HELP??

Thank you!

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

I looked at some images of the Bose and didn't see an HDMI port.

What type of connectors are on your Samsung and Bose?

What is the complete model number of your 2013 Samsung?

What year is your Bose sound bar?

bearone2
    Contributor III

i run the aux speakers to the tv with rca jacks, so either tv or dvd can be heard.

fanderson4
    New Contributor

I just upgraded cable box to the new contour 2 and cant pair my bose soundbar with Samsung tv. When i first set it up, it worked ,but now everytime I try to pair using the remote none of the codes work. Do I need to restart or refresh the cable box

Bruce
      Honored Contributor III

Your soundbar and TV should be already paired because you didn't change this connection, right?  You had only swapped the cable-box.

What's the problem...no audio?