Forum Discussion

martinh
New Contributor III
4 years ago

Cox Tulsa - all channels except local have disappeared on my Silicon dust HD Homerun,

I am NOT attempting to record things, just to watch TV on my PC using the HD Homerun viewing app, something which worked fine until Cox started the upgrade from MPEG 2 the the new format .  I've read some posts stating that Cox has set a DRM "no record" flag on everything but local channels,  but the HD home run software is supposed to be DRM compliant, and should not ha a problem with watching, as opposed to recording, TV .  I contacted Cox, who gave me the usual "nothing wrong at this end" speech.  

Anyone have any ideas?

This is about this last straw with COX  for me. Everything was working fine, and they go and mess it up, and  deny having done so. .   I have two PCs I occasionally use to watch TV .   My Cox bill is already over $300 a month, and I am not going to pay them $20 a more or two more boxes..

6 Replies

CrystalS
    Former Moderator
    Hello Martin, to resolve the issue please do a channel scan and make sure that it is MPEG4 compatible. If you continue to have issues unplug and plug the cable card back into the Tuning Adapter. If that does not work. We would definitely be able to assist you with this. Please reach us on Twitter at @CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or email us at cox.help@cox.com.

Crystal S.
    Cox Support Forum Moderator
      martinh
      New Contributor III

Thanks Crystal.  I did a rescan and also reset everything.  I can still only get my local channels.  I noticed after the rescan that all channels except the locals are now labeled "DRM," which they weren't before the codec change.  Cox appear to have changed all the channel flags when it converted the streams from Mpeg 2 to whatever it is now. As I understand it,  the HD homerun viewing app is DRM compliant, so it should allow me to view the channels even if the flag to stop recording is set. .  This has apparently  happened to a lot of HD homerun users during the conversion.

forum.silicondust.com/.../viewtopic.php

martinh
      New Contributor III

I have left a detailed description at cox.help@cox.com.  I'll wait for a response.

martinh
    New Contributor III

Still no actual response form COX  but I re-scanned this morning and the DRM flag has gone form the non-premium channels, and everything works again.  

CoxOCcustomer
      New Contributor III

My HDHomerun Prime was not working with DRM channels either (both recording AND viewing), even though I thought it should at least allow live viewing on DRM channels.  Not a problem now I guess, assuming Cox doesn't put DRM tags on their channels again.

BrianM
      It looks like this had been corrected on Sunday on our end, the rescan must have done the trick.

Brian
      Cox Support Forum Moderator