Forum Discussion

Billie_Brown
New Contributor
4 years ago

Music Choice screen shots are too bright! How can I listen for relaxation when screen photos have such harsh light. Is there a way to make screen darker while listening?

1. Who do i talk to about changing their screen shots to a nighttime listening mode?
  2. Is there a way to control  it myself ?

5 Replies

• Hi Billie, does this issue happen on any other channels? Does the issue happen on all TVs? I look at mine and it does not seem exceptionally brighter, but I have used my TV's remote to choose cooler tones. You may want to try checking your TV set's brightness, contrast, and see if that will help. here is the Music Choice website: https://musicchoice.com Scroll to the bottom, they have links for Help and Contact Us. Thank you for reaching out to us, we are here 24/7. Thank you, Mike
    Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

I understand billie brown's complaint.  Music Choice is audio with static images on a continuous loop.  An MC channel will loop pictures with trivia of the artist, Karaoke & Voice Remote promotions or just a splash screen of "MC."  If there is a photo of an artist with a white background, the half-screen-sized bright photo will lit up a room.  It's very distracting while trying to relax.  It harshes my mello!

I hate to give away my secret because Cox will ruin it but if it's nighttime, I'll launch the Program Guide and leave it displayed.  Five minutes later...my setting on Contour...the screensaver will launch.  The result is a li'l less annoying.

CurtB
    Valued Contributor III

I created a custom picture setting with a dark screen.  I use the TV remote (not Cox) to select that pre-set dark screen setting.  I leave the TV on that setting most of the time since I normally only use that TV at night.

Bruce
      Honored Contributor III

As though you were "muting" the TV screen?  i see the Background Darkness Levels in Contour, but how do you launch Contour into a dark background with a TV remote?

CurtB
        Valued Contributor III

That TV is connected to a mini-box.  The TV remote (not Cox) has a button to select different pre-sets.  The custom pre-set I select has brightness and contrast levels set to dark, but not totally black.  The screen is dim, but light enough to select my desired channel.  I also use the TV remote to set the sleep timer.