Forum Discussion

trs777
New Contributor
4 years ago

Tuning adapters no longer working - all 3 flashing yellow

I have 3 TiVos / 3 cablecards and 3 tuning adapters. Recently all 3 tuning adapters started flashing yellow and I do not have all my premium channels. I called to check to assure they were paired and that all the tuning adapters were set up for my account. I was assured all is in order, but they sent a tech. The tech just visited and said my signal, connections, etc. are all fine. He called and was told it must be a tivo problem. (Hmmmm. If it were a tivo problem then why would all three, all different generations of TiVos all fail to recognize the TA all at once?) Nonetheless, on one tivo I deleted everything, repeated guides set up, rebooted (dozens of times) power cycled the TA, etc, etc. Still nothing. I suspect that the people involved simply do not know how to deal with tivo. (4+ years ago it took weeks for me to get my TiVos working with cox and I had to escalate 3 times to finally get the guy who knew how to configure things at cox to get it to work.) How can I cut through the finger pointing and get someone who knows how to fix this? It worked fine for 4 years. Something happened at cox and there has been no change with tivo.

8 Replies

BenS1
    Former Moderator
    Hi @Trs777

Cox is continuing to the next phase of the retirement of MPEG2 and converting channels in every market to MPEG4 for residential customers. Cable cards are not MPEG2 or MPEG4, but the device it is connected to could be an MPEG2 device and may be impacted. Please check to make sure that your devices are MPEG4. If they are not you may need to upgrade those devices.

Ben S.
    Cox Support Forums Moderator
      trs777
      New Contributor

Thanks for the reply. All my TiVos are MPEG-4 compatible. The issue is the tuning adapters not being recognized. Shall I try getting a new cable card, and new tuning adapter, wipe one of the tivos and start over from scratch? 

BenS1
        Former Moderator
        Hi Trs777,
        It may be a good idea to start by replacing the tuning adapter first.

Ben S.
    duhmel123
    New Contributor III

My 3 tuning adapters are have also stopped working.  Obviously a Cox network problem but typically their inept Customer 'Support' blames the user.  One would expect that since they are getting multiple calls for the same issue, they would realize that this is a network proble.  I guess to expect such alalysis being done by the Customer 'Support' group is wishful thinking.

trs777
      New Contributor

Interesting. It is odd that the setup worked for 2 years in the other house I lived in which is two blocks away and for 6 months here. All of a sudden all 3 don't work? Hmmmm. If it were 1 I might suspect a bad adapter or a glitch in TiVo. But all signs point to Cox. I'm very close to ending Cox, cutting the cord and get internet from Google and TV over the air and use streaming. I only watch a few cable channels. Will I miss Pawn Stars enough to continue the abuse from Cox? I'm starting to think no.

Allan
        @Trs777, I recommend sending us an email with your full name, address, and a link to this thread or a brief description of the concern to cox.help@cox.com so we can help. Thanks -Allan, Cox Support Forums Moderator.
      BenS1
      Former Moderator
      Hi Duhmell123,
      Please check to make sure that all of your tuning adapters are MPEG4 compatible.

Ben S.
  • I have been running tuning adapters and Cablecards for almost a decade on Cox.  I have gone through several Tuning Adapters and multiple Cable Cards.  The Cablecards are just flash memory, and over time, flash memory degrades and fails.  Tuning Adapters also fail oveer time.  Have a technician bring out a replacement TA and a couple of Cable Cards.  Swap the TA, if that doesn't help, swap the CableCard to.  The TA and Cablecard and the PAIRING sent by the Cox person on the other enbd, are really all the variables that a Cox technician can really deal with.  If those fail to resolve the problem, could be on your hardware.  trust me, service call, make them bring a TA and CC.

Paul