Forum Discussion

Ed_B
New Contributor
4 years ago
Solved

Picture Freezes, goes black, loses sound on wireless boxes

I have 3 wireless boxes, They are never on at the same time. 1 seems to work great all the time, closest to the modem, one works great during the evening but not during the day, this one is only 15' away from the modem with direct site. and one is only watched late night and doesn't work very well at all...

All wireless boxes show all bars for signal strength from the modem...I've had techs out a few times and they've done some things, checked connections etc....problem solved, works for a little bit and then it's back to the same issues....I've done the Ookla speed tests and typical is over 200mbps but sometimes dips to 30mpbs for short periods...

Anyone with any ideas?

• Hello, Have you tried moving the boxes closer to the modem to see if there was any change? Also, how far from the modem is the box that always has issue. Lastly, have you tried swapping out the boxes? -Allan, Cox Support Forums Moderator

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hello, Have you tried moving the boxes closer to the modem to see if there was any change? Also, how far from the modem is the box that always has issue. Lastly, have you tried swapping out the boxes? -Allan, Cox Support Forums Moderator
    ham_neggs
    New Contributor

I started my service 2 days ago and having the same issue with the wireless box; the screen freezes or the sound stops.  The main watch tv is on the other side of the wall from the router.  

The two individuals on chat support could not tell me if the coaxial boxes would solve the issue.  They told me that there is an outage in my area; but when I check the web page it does not collaborate that.  I think they are using it as an excuse as they don't have an idea of what is wrong.  

I am starting to regret changing my service.  

DustinP
      Hello Ham_neggs,

We don't want you to regret your choice in service. If there's an outage alert open in your area, this can cause an issue trying to schedule a service appointment at the time. With the issue remaining for you since the outage has cleared, support can help reserve a service appointment for you to diagnose the issue further.

Dustin
      Cox Forum Support Moderator