Forum Discussion

dkgreen
New Contributor
4 years ago

Wireless TV Box - MoCA issues

I had wireless tv boxes set-up for a year and working great.  However about a month ago issues started. After numerous visits, the problem is that the MoCA is periodically disabled at that modem. re-enabling it means wireless tv will work fine for an minute to 12 hours, but just eventually will be disabled again at the modem.  Everyone is apparently clueless, since the sure “fix” never works.  What is the issue?  I keep thinking the central cox network is sending a signal to disable the MoCA, but no one will confirm.  

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    dkgreen
    New Contributor

Still getting nowhere with this.. just called Cox again.. time would have been better spent banging my head against a wall.  Literally to the point where I have to start researching Dish network and DirecTv for service.

ToothSauce
    New Contributor

I have five cable boxes, four wireless, one wired. The wired one quit working, customer service wasn't much help, but I found the answer on forum that it's an issue with MoCA. Sure enough, about every 12 hours MoCA is turned off, even though supposedly it should not because I am not an internet only customer and require MoCA for IPTV to one of my boxes. It's annoying.

BenS1
      Former Moderator
      Hi ToothSauce,

If the MoCA is turning off every 12 hours then you definitely need someone to come out to take a look at that. Please email us at cox.help@cox.com with your full name and address.

Ben S.
      Cox Support Forums Moderator