Forum Discussion

rp24
New Contributor II
4 years ago
Solved

Regular TV channels don’t work on wireless

On my new wireless streaming TV device I cannot watch the regular channel lineup. However, On-Demand, 3rd party apps and the Contour app work. 

When i try to access a regular TV channel from the Contour app, a message appears stating “we’re having a problem” along with error code XRE-10007. It tells me I need to restart the TV boxes. When I restart I get a message about it performing some regular housekeeping and the screen goes blank. When I go to the Contour app and try to get a TV channel, the same restart error appears. 

I’ve probably done this restart 25 times. I have also restarted the panoramic Wifi box numerous times. I was on with support for at least a half-hour earlier today. They recommended a new wireless streaming box which I went and got. Same problem with box #2 as box #1. 

The point of the wireless box was regular TV channels otherwise I could stick with Roku. 

Any new suggestions?

• Fixed it myself with no help from Cox. Researching on the internet I saw references to this error sometimes being related to MoCA. so I logged into my Panoramic Wifi and saw MoCA was disabled. I enabled it and now I can watch local channels. 

So several questions arise for Cox, why was the wifi shipped with that turned off and secondly why wasn't this simple debug option available to either Tier 1 or Tier 2 support?  

8 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    rp24
    New Contributor II

Fixed it myself with no help from Cox. Researching on the internet I saw references to this error sometimes being related to MoCA. so I logged into my Panoramic Wifi and saw MoCA was disabled. I enabled it and now I can watch local channels. 

So several questions arise for Cox, why was the wifi shipped with that turned off and secondly why wasn't this simple debug option available to either Tier 1 or Tier 2 support?  

bearone2
      Contributor III

too bad you didn't provide this info in op!!

rp24
        New Contributor II

I didn't know it at the time. I just found that this morning as I started looking around since I didn't have any new answers from Cox.  

mandjenrun
      New Contributor

I am so glad I found this post.  Wasted 2 hours over 2 separate tech support chats and they could not solve my problem.  Once I enabled MoCA in the router the wireless box started working.  

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

Call Cox to re-provision your TV occurrence.  They may ask why so explain what you've already done.

rp24
      New Contributor II

Thanks. I was on the phone with Tier 2 support today. They tried that with no success. They forwarded the issue to Engineering now to review. 

bearone2
    Contributor III

within tv settings/actual controller, make sure wifi is selected.

i had to do this for samsung tv updates.

rp24
      New Contributor II

Thanks. I'll take a look at that.