Forum Discussion

Curt_Edwards
New Contributor
4 years ago

Cox price gouging

Once again Cox lives up to their reputation: spent four hours on hold over two days, speaking to a handful of representatives, each more inept than the last. But every time I asked for a supervisor, I was told there weren't any supervisors.

My $132 bill went up to $172 two months ago. I went into the store and called reps, etc. Finally I found someone who reduced my bill to $158, good until next summer.

What happened next? Of course, the next month I was billed $195!

No one I spoke with could explain why. Every time I suggested changing someone on my usage to lower the price I was told that would raise my price instead, including, lowering my internet speed!.

I was told I should be paying $300 a month. Really? For basic cable with no premium movie channels?

At some point enough people are going to get sick and tired with the way Cox treats them...whether it's a class-action suit, or whatever. 

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    bearone2
    Contributor III

if you had a pkg deal, removed one item, price could go up because no more promotion.

BenS1
    Former Moderator
    @Curt Edward, I can definitely understand how important it is for you to get billing relief, especially during these challenging economic times. Cox provides the Support Forums as a service to its customers to help them obtain technical support, exchange ideas, and get information relating to Cox products and services. For billing support please send us an email at cox.help@cox.com with your full name & your full address.
    Ben S.
    Cox Support Forums Moderator