Forum Discussion

SpiritCT
New Contributor
4 years ago

No TV, Internet or Phone service since Tuesday!

Has anyone else been without TV service since Tuesday Evening?  I know many have also lost internet and the phone... Every few hours since Tuesday, the estimated fix time changes, according to Cox...they can't settle on any specific time!  So frustrating!

6 Replies

CrystalS
    Former Moderator
    Hello SpiritCT,

We would definitely be able to assist you with this. Please reach us on Twitter at @CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or email us at cox.help@cox.com. Provide us the name on the account with the complete service address with a link to this thread so we can get started.

-Crystal S. Cox Support Forum Moderator
  • Oops, excuse my mistake post below. I'm new here.  Yes, we here in north-central CT have also been without Cox TV, Internet and phone since last Tuesday evening. Couldn't get through to anyone on the phone at Cox at all until Friday at about 1:30 am ET. No word on what was - and is still - going on. Extremely frustrating!

Cox texted us on Friday night:  "your service has been restored". Um, no it hasn't been.  Made appointment to have Cox technician come here today (Monday, 8/10/20). Got text from Cox: "Technician is on his way".  35 minutes later, got this text from Cox: "Your appointment has been cancelled."

What?!! So I rushed home from work, and we completely re-arranged our day for *nothing*.

Took forever, but finally got through to Cox via phone earlier this evening (a miracle!). Now Cox tells us "there is a major outage in your area. About 500 households affected".  And - get this - it's NOT because of Tuesday's tropical storm, it's because "Cox is upgrading your area's network. There have been more people working from home and this has collapsed the network. These outages are planned to happen until 8/13/20. Your services may be affected - or not - until 8/13/20."

WTH??  So why has Cox left us in the dark all this time with NO emails, texts or calls letting us know what's going on??  And how about a decent estimate as to when service will be restored??  So NO TV, Internet and phone until maybe / I guess 8/13??

TERRIBLE service all around from Cox! We're going to look at alternatives to Cox. Don't need this aggravation!

Cox is insanely expensive, but at least the services *used to be* good.

CT-Customer
      New Contributor

I'm in the same boat.  No services (phone, internet, tv) since Tuesday.  Cannot get any info.. yours is the most information I've heard to date.  

I am so annoyed- called several times to only get disconnected after waiting for 25 minutes via cell phone.  

Monopoly in CT and they no it.

Power was restored on Friday, yet cox cannot fix their lines - incredible!

I will try my best to cut the cord!!!

BrianM
      It looks like services were restored earlier today. This was not an upgrade of any sort, we were first waiting for commercial power to be restored to some of our equipment in the area (related to the recent storm). We were then able to make some adjustments to our equipment to restore our services in the area.

Brian
      Cox Support Forum Moderator