Forum Discussion

CRAIGARRR
New Contributor
4 years ago

The new Contour 2 box has no TIME or Channel display? Just a green POWER strip light?

My old box is retired and they made me change my box today July 31 2020 but it has no time or channel display. It shows the time and even temperature as you change channels on the tv screen but I am so used to seeing the clock on the cable box I want the display! So the new boxes dont tell time or channel,  only on the TV screen?  REALLY? Do I need to go to COX SOLUTIONS and ask them for another box because I want the time and channel display on the Cable TV box? I spent an hour in Cox live chat and she sent me this after looking for a while https://www.cox.com/residential/support/managing-contour-2-device-settings.html  Well like I said there is no front display on my contour 2 cable box and she confirmed that was the style the guy at COX solutions gave me.. There is a way to dim the green power line but no option to dim clock lights because there is no clock or channel settings. The front is one thick black plastic, no clear plastic for any display. Can I get a cable tv box with a clock and channel display anymore? 

4 Replies

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

I don't know if there is a model with a clock.  Perhaps you can review each model.  If you find an equipped model, note its Capabilities because you may not want DVR service.  If you find a clock aligned with your options, call the Solution Store.

I certainly understand the convenience of a clock...but you may need to get used to something else.

www.cox.com/.../identifying-your-cox-digital-receiver.html

CRAIGARRR
      New Contributor

hmm you make it sound odd that I want a cable tv box that displays the channel in LED as you scroll and reverts back to a clock when it is sitting there. They just dont have that any more? 

Bruce
        Honored Contributor III

I wouldn't say it's "odd" but instead old school.

I don't know if Cox has a box with a clock.  I provided a link for you to compare.  You may need to enter your zip at the link.