Forum Discussion

Missing_Episod2
New Contributor
4 years ago

ON-Demand HBO Missing Episodes on multiple shows, particularly in the HD sections. Some examples include: New Pope, Big Little Lies (S2E7), OUTSIDER....This problem persists despite multiple cable box "resets". Not a customer equipment problem.Se

ON-Demand HBO Missing Episodes on multiple shows, particularly in the HD sections. Some examples include: New Pope, Big Little Lies (S2E7), OUTSIDER....
This problem persists despite multiple cable box "resets".
This is not a customer equipment problem.
This is a Server Content ISSUE.
If the issue is an HBO issue, then coordinate with them to repair it. We, as customers, cannot secure a remedy. The request must come from COX support. The suggestion to simply "go to HBOGO" remains unsatisfactory. I'm paying for premium channel access on my Cable TV account, where my television is connected. Please get this issue fixed. The problem has remained unaddressed for far too long.

2 Replies

• Hi Missing Episodes,

I am showing that all episodes for Season 1 and 2 of Big Little Lies, Season 1 of The New Pope, and Season 1 of The Outsiders are available in HD format On Demand. There are missing episodes with the SD format for Big Little Lies (Season 1 episodes 1, 2, 4-6, Season 2 all episodes), The New Pope (Season 1 episodes 3-5), and The Outsiders (Season 1 episodes 3-6). I reported this to our Video Content team to investigate. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Maria
    Cox Support Forum Moderator
      Bruce
      Honored Contributor III

Between a Cox subscriber and HBO, aren't there different Content-Delivery Providers depending on where a Cox subscriber lives?

I doubt every Cox/HBO subscriber wanting to watch BLL would watch directly from an HBO server but instead from a regional Content-Delivery Provider.  What a subscriber in Virginia sees available on HBO would be different from what a subscriber in Arizona sees available on HBO due to different Content-Delivery Providers.

Should Cox contact the Provider for missing episodes?