Forum Discussion

10iron
New Contributor
4 years ago

How to change TV inputs with new Contour-2 remotes?

I upgraded from Contour1 to Contour2 cable box.  With old remotes I could hit input button to select my TV input, then hit Select button. This worked with both my LG and my Sharp TVs.  

The new remotes don't work with either TV.  I can select the input I want but both TV require that I hit a select button. When I hit the OK button it does not affect either TV and only affects the new cable box.  How can I use the new remote to select my TV inputs?

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • If your TV requires you to hit a select button to switch the inputs, I don't think the contour 2 remote will help in this situation. All of the other buttons are used to control the cable box (except for volume and the TV button for power). You can keep hitting input to cycle through the inputs, but that is about it. If you happen to still have the Contour 1 remote, you can still use that for input functions (that is what I do myself).

Brian
    Cox Support Forum Moderator
      10iron
      New Contributor

Thanks Brian.  I was afraid of that. 

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

Try another code to control your TV set.  Press the 'A' button...navigate to Remote Setup...follow the instructions.  If you opt for "It doesn't work," you'll eventually get to a page listing all functional codes for your brand of TV.  Write 'em down.  Repeat steps using another code...test the Input Select...and update us (subscribers).