Forum Discussion

Kenner
New Contributor II
4 years ago

Last button not not returning to search in youtube

Using YouTube you would hit LAST to go back to the last section. or search you were in. Box did an update and last no longer functions as it did. I did a reset app, same problem exists.

I even did a box refresh.

18 Replies

elynejae
    New Contributor II

I’m having the same problem and I’ve been talking to Cox support for the last 2 hours and no one has been able to offer any kind of help other than to say to go into the Cox store and get a new remote. I highly doubt that will solve the problem because my remote has been working perfectly fine up until today when the same issue you mentioned in your original post started happening to me. So it’s not a defect with the remote, but something within the contour box. This is beyond frustrating!

djoseph
      New Contributor

I’m having the same problems, didn’t start until the box updated, noticed it  immediately :-( , totally ridiculous.

Kenner
    New Contributor II

I have done a box refresh, no help. Reset YouTube app multiple times no help. When you hit last its the same as hitting info now. Instead of jumping you out of the current video or menu and back up one level it just splits the screen in half and you have to scroll all the way down hit home and end up back as if you had just started Making the app a horror to use vs other solutions.

mzjordan
      New Contributor II

Same here...This last update totally negated any fix that previously worked.

elynejae
        New Contributor II

I wonder how we can get Cox to fix this? I’ve called them 3 times already about this and they have no clue what I’m talking about and have not been able to offer any kind of help whatsoever other than to tell me that the remote is probably broken and I need to get a new one (which proves they don’t understand the underlying problem). Do any Cox moderators/employees actually read any of this? Someone help us!

parforme
    New Contributor II

Two solutions that I know of:

1-  using the Contour remote hit the exit button and verbally log back in. 

2- Using the Contour remote while watching a video, hit the down arrow in the silver OK function 7 times bring you to the bottom of the page and two boxes, ‘Search’ and ‘Home’. Hitting the OK button will take you back to those sections. Admittedly, a pain compared to the now non-functioning last button. 

Paul_D_
      New Contributor

Me too!  I posted on another Cox page a month ago about how it was not working on my host box in the living room but worked on my client box in my bedroom and nothing from COX!  Then a few days ago the app wasn't working at all and I kept getting something like WE are having trouble with this app right now try back later. Then it when it loaded up the back wouldn't work on my bedroom box anymore. After multiple app resets and system restart and finally system reset I got the bedroom app working with the back button again. I looked at the youtube APP version (at bottom of settings page) and it had reverted back to version web_20200708_00_RC00. I actually got my big box in living room to do the same. Back to that same web version. Thought I was finally all set and it's fixed. Yay. Then the next day it updated and to web_20200722_00_RC00 on both boxes and no more back button on youtube on either of the boxes no matter what I do. Sorry for the long post but maybe someone might know something. And I don't mean Cox, because apparently they don't give a **!

mzjordan
        New Contributor II

The EXACT same scenario happened to me! I'm glad you've taken the time to detail it. I really don't think they are working on a solution at all. It's a horrible user experience, either way.