Forum Discussion

Martyire
New Contributor
4 years ago
Solved

Where are news channels on TV starter

I just signed up for TV starter mid May. Activated mini box 2/24. I had things like CNN and Fox news. They were on the lineup card when I signed up. Now they are gone and off lineup list. Anyone know what happened?

• Hi Martyire, shortly after the COVID crisis began, many network broadcasters offered their channels free for Starter TV customers through May 31, 2020. CNBC, CNN, MSNBC, and Fox News were 4 of these channels. Cox doesn't own these networks and was required to remove these channels from the Starter TV lineup at the end of the period specified by each network. I'm sorry for the frustration this caused! CNBC, CNN, MSNBC, and Fox News are part of the Expanded tier. -Becky, Cox Support Forums Moderator

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Martyire, shortly after the COVID crisis began, many network broadcasters offered their channels free for Starter TV customers through May 31, 2020. CNBC, CNN, MSNBC, and Fox News were 4 of these channels. Cox doesn't own these networks and was required to remove these channels from the Starter TV lineup at the end of the period specified by each network. I'm sorry for the frustration this caused! CNBC, CNN, MSNBC, and Fox News are part of the Expanded tier. -Becky, Cox Support Forums Moderator

21edward
      New Contributor

I had the news channels (Fox News) since I signed up almost a year ago and as of June 1st it disappeared. I called support on June 1st, worked with someone who was going to escalate my case and I would hear from someone in 24 hours. I never heard from anyone until today I received an automated voice call that just said the case was closed. No explanation. Your explanation is nonsense. 

DustinP
        Hello 21edward,

A subscription to our TV Economy or TV Essential package would be needed in order to receive Fox News Channel.
        www.cox.com/wcm/cl/Phoenix-Metro-Area.pdf Is a PDF of the Cox channel lineup and what channels are among those two packages. If you wish to speak to a representative to see about upgrading, then you may call 1-888-438-6673 8am - 8pm weekdays or 9am - 6pm Saturday (choose option 4 after entering your account information over the automated system).

If there is a channel you're not getting among your subscription, then we would need to troubleshoot that issue further. If there's a channel you're not getting among your subscription, please share the error message that appears on the channel, and we can look into that for you.

Dustin
        Cox Support Forum Moderator
    21edward
    New Contributor

I had the news channels (Fox News) since I signed up almost a year ago and as of June 1st it disappeared. I called support on June 1st, worked with someone who was going to escalate my case and I would hear from someone in 24 hours. I never heard from anyone until today I received an automated voice call that just said the case was closed. No explanation.