Forum Discussion

xovanessa53ox
New Contributor
4 years ago

Freezing In the middle of the show

I have been having an issue for the past week now where a show I recorded will freeze in the middle or at the end and ask me if I want to record again because something is wrong with the recording. Then it will tell me to delete the show and the channel I have on at the time will say unavailable. I did the online chat today where she rebooted my box twice and still didn’t fix the issue. Cox ** ! Verizon here I come.  

2 Replies

CurtB
    Valued Contributor III

Are you able to finish watching the recorded program with the issue at a later time?  Are other channels unavailable when the recorded program freezes besides the current channel?  The reason I ask is to determine if you may be having cable signal issues.  The current channel would be unavailable if there was a lost cable signal.  Also, a cable signal is required to watch programs recorded on your DVR.  What I'm not sure about is if a recorded program being viewed freezes immediately when a cable signal is lost or not until a remote button is pressed for Pause, FF, etc.  Does the recorded program freeze during playback or when you press a button on the remote? 

CrystalS
    Former Moderator
    Hello, I know how frustrating it is to have to deal with the same issue over and over. This appears as if you may need someone to look into your account personally. We would definitely be able to assist you with this. Please reach us on Twitter at @CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or email us at cox.help@cox.com. Provide us the name on the account with the complete service address with a link to this thread so we can get started. -Crystal S., Cox Support Forum Moderator