Forum Discussion

KLT99
New Contributor
4 years ago

Contour box freezing

Contour box keeps freezing when I use the on demand feature. It also freezes when I use the guide. If I leave the box on all day and don’t change a channel there’s no problem. My system is a home theater consisting of a projector, receiver, and a DVD player. The technicians on the Cox chat indicate they have never heard of this problem. However it seems there are a lot of people who have had the same issue. When it freezes I’m informed that there might be a loose connection, I have checked all of the connections, nothing is loose. This is the second box that I have been issued

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi KLT99. This appears as if you may need someone to look into your account personally. We would definitely be able to assist you with this. Please reach us on Twitter at @CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or email us at cox.help@cox.com. Provide us the name on the account with the complete service address with a link to this thread so we can get started. - Lisa, Cox Support Forums Moderator
    gsc331
    New Contributor III

This is a common problem with Contour. It happens to me sometimes. The only solution is to reboot your box, however that is cox solution to all problems. Reboot. My old silver motorola box  had very few problems. As long as a reboot works I don't complain, I just get concerned the box will not reboot and come back on.

bearone2
      Contributor III

simple, if it doesn't come back on, replace it!!