Forum Discussion

tvfeet
New Contributor
4 years ago

HBO Max Contour app?

Anyone know when we will get an HBO Max app for Contour boxes? After the news last week that Cox cut a deal with HBO for subscribers, I'm pretty disappointed to not find a way to actually watch HBO Max on my TV. And since I have a Roku TV, I'm doubly screwed out of getting to watch HBO Max because they haven't made a deal with Roku (and maybe won't? In case anyone's wondering, Amazon has no deal with Roku either) and I don't watch TV on my iPhone, iPad, or computer. This is a pretty frustrating and disappointing launch.

4 Replies

• I have the same question. Cox ondemand is so spotty that I'd rather use HBO's app. My LG tv doesn't have the max app either.

CrystalS
      Former Moderator
      Hello,

You are able to download HBO Max on any smart device and log into it using your Cox credentials, as long as you are subscribed to the HBO the channel.

Crystal S.
      Cox Support Forum Moderator
    Andrew_Wees
    Contributor III

no roku or fire tv app for HBO MAX either you would need AT&T to make the app not cox

CrystalS
    Former Moderator
    Hello Tcj226,

we currently have no information on when or if we will get the HBO Max app on our Contour receivers or on the Contour Stream Player app.

Crystal S.
    Cox Support Forum Moderator