Forum Discussion

otterbay
Contributor
5 years ago

Which channels activate the 'Broadcast Surcharge' and the 'Regional Sports Charge'?

Hi.  Simple question: Which channels activate the 'Broadcast Surcharge' and the 'Regional Sports Charge'?

These two fees now total $23.50, which would be marginally acceptable if we knew which channels were triggering the charges, because honestly, my satellite company doesn't seem to be charging these fees.

So, does anyone know which channel package, or is it a few, specific channels which force these two taxes onto our monthly bill.

Does ANYONE know?  I've asked three Cox Billing reps, and none of them have a clue.  That in itself is unsettling.  But if there was a way to drop or arrange channel packages to AVOID these two charges, it may be worth the sacrifice.

thanks

5 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Andrew_Wees
    Contributor III

broadcast would be ABC,CBS,NBC,FOX and CW  sports would be fox sports regional  cox does not do ala carte channels

otterbay
      Contributor

Ah, the CW = Fox Regional Sports?  So that would mean even Starter TV would kick those $23.50 fees onto the bill.  And Starter TV is $25.  Hysterical.  How they get away with it is beyond me.  Yes, I know, it's not Cox's fault, it those broadcasters who keep charging for programming we don't have a choice to watch, since there's no package I can arrange that DOESN'T include Starter TV.  Maybe Cox should reconsider they're ala carte position.

otterbay
      Contributor

Yes, I finally found a CSR who knew the answer - anything above the Starter TV seems to trigger both fees.  But since Starter includes local channels, I'm thinking the broadcast fee is included there as well.  Anyone here have YouTube TV, where they include your local channels and six DVR's?  I wonder if they're "forced" to charge those $23.50 in fees.  I'll get back to you...

bearone2
        Contributor III

you're dreaming if you expected paying for the el cheapo plan was going to give access to special channels.