Forum Discussion

rdp_Cox
New Contributor
5 years ago

Cloud recording playback is terrible

What is going on with this service? We record shows and 100% of the time when we go to watch them they do one or the more of the following: lose audio, freeze, fast forward images that dont match with what is actually showing on the recording, recordings get cut off, or are missing segments, just a complete mess. This cannot be Cox's expectations for this service. In reviewing these forums this appears to be a common and widespread issue. Can someone from Cox provide us with an explanation on what is happening and whether it can be resolved and made functional so we can get what we are all paying you for? If it cannot be resolved and made functional please let all of us know that also. Thanks

12 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    NLFlores
    New Contributor

We are having the same problem EVERY TIME! We have gone thru several boxes and they said because our boxes needed upgrades so here we are (now stuck in a contract) with a worthless POS box that we can’t enjoy and shows and apparently it’s a VERY common problem that Cox can’t figure out. We can watch them live and there is no problems. We have reset the box so many times, I’ve lost count. We have reset our modem so many times, I lost track of that! Of course, they always want to send a technician out (for another fee). My family has given up watching anything on the DVR.

I’m at the point, I’m willing to cancel EVERYTHING with Cox after 15+ years, pay the cancellation fee and be done with the horrible service! I’m mean if I’m paying this monthly service and I’m not getting anything worth watching in return, why keep paying. FIGURE IT OUT COX OR IM DONE!!!!

KevinM2
      Former Moderator
      Hi NLFlores, we apologize for the frustrating experience and sending out a service technician is likely the best course of action that will lead to a resolution. To schedule a service appointment, please reach out to us on Twitter at @CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or at cox.help@cox.com. -Kevin M. Cox Support Forum Moderator
    JaneYahoo
    New Contributor

I have been experiencing the same thing and all they ever say is their technicians are working on it but it never gets better. DVR recordings are completely unwatchable. 

• Rdp_Cox

Hi, sounds like there's definitely an issue with the internet connection. Please send an email with a link to this forum post along with your full address so I can take a look. Thanks!

StephanieS
    Cox Forums Support Moderator
  • Exact same issues here. Whenever my wife records a live show like the Bachelor it is choppy and quits. Been online with tech support 3 times, they never can fix it and always want me to pay for a tech to come out. It’s a joke. Hulu live and PlayStation vue we’re better than this. Planning on cancelling end of the month. 

KevinM2
      Former Moderator
      @naterichards10, we wouldn't want you to leave the Cox family, and we're sorry for the ongoing issues. When it comes to service appointments, ff the issue is related to the Cox equipment or Cox wiring, you will not be charged. If the technician determines the issue not to be related to the Cox equipment or wiring, a $75 fee may be assessed on the account.

If you wish to schedule a service appointment, please include a link to this forum thread and email us at cox.help@cox.com. -Kevin M. Cox Support Forum Moderator
        raiderking
        New Contributor

I have the same issues as I see many do have. So if I am reading your response correctly if you prove int's not an equipment error than you charge the customer $75? So how much money do we as a customer get back when it is proven it was the equipment error? I mean our contract is based on the service Cox is supposed to be providing. So when we call and there is an issue and it take 2 weeks to get support out to the residence to fix the issues that's at least 2 weeks of service that was contractually promised that was not received.

Snake777
    New Contributor

Yes the playback is awful and we can't even watch recordings on the go. Don't tell me it's a licensing issue, because hulu live, youtube tv would have to be primarily affected as well. I feel like I'm going to cancel and go to youtube t.v.

moitky
    New Contributor

Been having the same issues for The last month or so, shouldn’t be a network issue as the other streaming services seem to work fine. But, I agree I/we are paying for a service that is not being provided. May have to begin the task of looking for a replacement after 20+ years

Becky
      Moitky and Snake777, what playback (or other) issues are you experiencing? -Becky, Cox Support Forums Moderator
    kjsieps
    New Contributor

I'm experiencing the same problem.  It was fine up until I think January.  Now it's at least once a week I can't watch a show because it stops and says try again, it skips around or sound is in and out.  I record mostly ABC and NBC shows and happens on both.

KevinM2
      Former Moderator
      Hi Kjsieps, can you please email us at cox.help@cox.com regarding these issues. We want to work with you on a resolution. -Kevin M. Cox Support Forum Moderator