Forum Discussion

DeeWest
New Contributor
5 years ago

Missing HBO episode: McMillions, no Episode 4 (only podcast version)

Free HBO weekend March 13-15, 2020. Catching up on some shows. Watching on Contour. The only McMillions episodes available are 1,2,3,5,6, No episode 4. Anybody know why?

5 Replies

KevinM2
    Former Moderator
    Episode 4 missing from On Demand could be a decision made by HBO. For On Demand, content availability is generally left to the discretion of the many broadcasters we deal with. This episode should be available on HBO GO though. Are you able to sign in to the HBO GO app to view this content? -Kevin M. Cox Support Forum Moderator
      DeeWest
      New Contributor

I have never downloaded the HBO GO app to my Amazon Fire Kindle. I may try to do that today... or perhaps I'll just read an online summary recap of Episode 4 before proceeding to Episode 5.

I do appreciate your suggestion, Kevin. Thanks for trying to help!

sully22
        New Contributor

Not sure if you watched episode 4 or not, I’m in the same boat trying to watch this series right now and just ran into no episode 4. I am a cox gold package paying customer with hbo and all the premier movie channels included and I have no episode 4 as of typing this reply.  I’m going to say this is a cox issue or cox initiated removal of episode 4, I have access to xfinity (Comcast) cable and they show all 6 episodes on demand. I’ve noticed cox does this with other shows as well... kinda really super frustrating considering I’m paying $200+ a month for services.  

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

When you finish watching the series, missing Episode-4 won't make a difference.  Personally, I think it was overly produced to drag out longer than it needed to be.  There's a lot of fluff and needless interviews.

I remember this story in 2000-2001 but it obviously "disappeared" from the news after 9/11, so I was curious how it unfolded.  The producers could have completed it in 3 episodes.