Forum Discussion

CFMonroe
New Contributor II
5 years ago

Channel 18 Estrella TV shows Court TV listings

Here in Ft Smith AR prior to January 14 2020 Channel 18 carried Estrella TV and the Contour program guide listed Estrella TV programming.  Then suddenly the next day the program guide started listing programs for the Court TV channel but Estrella TV programs are still broadcast, and this discrepancy has persisted as of the date of this post.  Setting my DVR to record Estrella TV programming is no longer possible.  I checked with a number of Cox customers around the area and they see the same discrepancy on their Contour cable boxes.  I called Cox tv support and they wanted to replace my cable box!  Last week I went to the Cox Solutions store on Rogers Avenue and the tv displays in their show room have the same discrepancy!  Nobody in the room could explain it.  One employee said he would file a work order and let me know what he found out but I have heard nothing back.  Does anybody know what this problem is and when will it be resolved?  I hope they keep Estrella TV!

6 Replies

• I see what you are talking about. I am forwarding this to our video team for investigation.

Brian
    Cox Support Forum Moderator
      CFMonroe
      New Contributor II

As of Tuesday (2/25) the problem seems to be WORSE! Now channel 18's program listing remains Court TV while it's broadcasting is still Estrella TV.  AND CHANNEL 15's programming listing incorrectly displays programs for Estrella TV however it's broadcasting is Univision Arkansas (LXUN-LD).  CRAZY!!!  My DVR, which as set to record certain programs on Estrella TV prior to this problem, is how recording Univision!  CRAZY!!! Please inform your video team.  Thank you!

CFMonroe
      New Contributor II

Hey Brian!  Have you heard any explanation as to what the problem is?  Is it easily fixed?  Or is it beyond the control of Cox?

KevinM2
        Former Moderator

Hi CFMonroe, are you still experiencing issues with Channel 18? The last we heard, this was an issue involving the issue. We have reached out to the provider to see if transmissions can be switched back to match the guide. -Kevin M. Cox Support Forum Moderator