Forum Discussion

worst_voip
New Contributor
5 years ago

regional sports surcharge

I have NEVER, in the 30 years of subscribing to Cox Cable, watched ANY sports programming.  No football, no baseball, no Olympics, and certainly NO regional sports, whatever the hell that is.  But Cox isn't making enough profit so we all get hit with a mysterious $7 charge for regional sports along with $10 for local broadcast stations!  RIPOFF!  No surprise that Cox has LOCKED all forum discussions on the subject.  I wonder if your franchise agreement with the City of San Diego allows for these ridiculous fees.  When the franchise is up for renewal, be ready for a fight because I am going to make sure the City does something about this.  In the meantime, I am going to join the millions of people who have CUT the cable and cancel my service as soon as I can.  This kind of ** is why Cox is losing subscribers month after month after month.  Good riddance!

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
      Andrew_Wees
      Contributor III

it's the local fox sports affiliate you were paying before for it, but it's now a separate charge 

KevinM2
    Former Moderator
    @Worst Voip, I have edited your post to remove inappropriate language. This post has also been locked, as it violates the guidelines set forth in our forums. The purpose of the Cox TV Support Forum is to allow customers to discuss technical topics related to residential Cox Cable Television services with other customers. If you need help with billing or other account-specific issues or would like to submit a channel request, please reach us on Twitter at @CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or at cox.help@cox.com.

We do value your 30 years of customer loyalty, and we wouldn't want you to leave the Cox family. In reference to the Regional Sports Surcharge, this is a standard fee and most of our competitors have added some form of sports programming surcharge to their bills for years. Regional Sports Networks are available to Cox customers who subscribe to Essential TV or above. The Regional Sports Surcharge reflects a portion of the costs associated with the delivery of regional sports networks to our customers. -Kevin M. Cox Support Forum Moderator