Forum Discussion

alaura521
New Contributor
5 years ago

Error XRE 03090

Have been getting error code xre 03090 trouble playing the channel and then it scrolls through all the channels and this pops up every time. Have been getting this on both boxes for two days now. Did all the troubleshooting service came back on for a few hours and now back to the errors. Have had nothing but trouble since I had to “upgrade” to the new contour boxes. Now they want to charge me to come out. 

7 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    KevinM2
    Former Moderator

Hi Alaura521, the Contour 2 system is much more powerful than our previous platforms, meaning, they require a lot more signal strength in order to operate correctly. To confirm, is this error popping up on multiple channels while watching live TV? If so, please include a link to this forum thread and email us at cox.help@cox.com. Our next course of action will be to schedule a service appointment.

If the issue is related to the Cox equipment or Cox wiring, you will not be charged. If the technician determines the issue not to be related to the Cox equipment or wiring, a $75 fee may be assessed on the account. -Kevin

-Kevin M. Cox Support Forum Moderator

Keith2691
    New Contributor

I'm having the same issue.  New contour box came today and after I set it up, I received the XRE-03090 message and it just scrolls through the channels.  All the channels show up in the guide but not of them come on.  I spent 78 minutes on the phone with support to no avail.  He scheduled for a technician to come out tomorrow.  As a first time Cox customer, I'm not thrilled with the service.  I'm within my 30 days so if he can't fix it tomorrow, I'm sending the equipment back and canceling.

Sjames
      New Contributor

Did you ever get this problem resolved? I am having the same issue.

CrystalS
        Former Moderator
        Hello. This appears as if you may need someone to look into your account personally. We would definitely be able to assist you with this. Please reach us on Twitter at @CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or email us at cox.help@cox.com. Provide us the name on the account with the complete service address with a link to this thread so we can get started. -Crystal S. Cox Support Forum Moderator
    wharry7
    New Contributor

I have not had this problem before but the tv in the family room is about unwatchable due to this issue. The tv in my office works fine. What needs to happen to get this resolved?

JonathanJ
      Former Moderator
      @Wharry7

Are you able to switch the boxes from the family room and the office? This will help determine if it's an issue with the signal or cable box. Also, does the cable box in the family have a splitter or amp running to the coax cable?

Jonathan J
      Cox Moderator
    krazy3
    New Contributor

It is still happening in 2024. When you try to see if there is an outage, it always says there is no service disruption in your area. Unplugging the box doesn’t work, trying to reset it in the app doesn’t work either. I never should have traded my “outdated” equipment in for these!