Forum Discussion

mjsap
New Contributor
5 years ago

keeps freezing or I lose sound,

I have 2 Wireless 4K Contour Stream Player, one works fine, the other one keeps freezing or I lose sound, happens on all channels. I have already reset the box several times with no help.  Is there something I need t do or do I need a new box

3 Replies

Rich323
    New Contributor

I have the same problem during wireless 4k playback - the video freezes or sound drops out. One occasion the video froze completely and I had to exit to the guide. 
    i have reset the wireless 4k contour by unplugging and also reset the  wireless panoramic WiFi router. Neither reset fixes the problem. Connection to Cox coaxial is fine as most live video is ok, but still freezes momentarily on occasion. I’m guessing Cox doesn’t have the bandwidth they claim regularly- the hiccups are enough to cause these deviations.

JuanC

Hello, I'm very sorry to hear that you are having issues. Please reach out to us at cox.help@cox.com so that we can assist you with this issue

Cox Forum Moderator

WiderMouthOpen
      Esteemed Contributor

Do you also have two boxes? If so, try swapping them and see if the problem goes away. If so, probably a wireless interference problem. If not, could be a box problem and try swapping it out at a Cox store.